Posted by sabrina on Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 2:55pm.
i need someone to check my answers. i know that i got alot wrong but please no harsh comments. thank you. my answers are at the bottom.
Ms. Troy would like you to make a copy of an outfit that she owns and really likes—a sleeveless dress with
a short-sleeve jacket. She has selected a lilac linen fabric that comes in 36-in. width. You make a pattern
for the dress and record the following measurements:
Jacket back length 15 in.
Front skirt length 20 in.
Full back length 41 in.
1. What length of material do you need to purchase for the dress portion of the outfit?
A. 82 in. C. 70 in.
B. 41 in. D. 91 in.
2. What length of material do you need for the jacket sleeves?
A. 21 in. C. 27 in.
B. 36 in. D. 54 in.
3. The fabric label doesn’t say if the linen was preshrunk. You test the fabric for shrinkage and
determine it needs to be shrunk. How do you do this?
A. Wash the material in cold water and dry on high in dryer.
B. Immerse the material in hot water and drip dry.
C. Wash the material in hot water and dry on high in dryer.
D. Immerse the material in warm water and drip dry.
4. Which shaping technique will add shape to a bodice?
A. Darts C. Gathers
B. Pleats D. Tucks
5. A client tries on a skirt. You check the side seams. They curve toward the back. What does this
A. The skirt front is too tight. C. The skirt back is too tight.
B. The skirt front is too loose. D. The skirt back is too loose.
6. You plan to attach a flat 1
2 -in. button to a garment. The size of the buttonhole should be
2 in. C. 1 in.
8 in. D. 3
7. You’re sewing a child’s nylon jacket. You notice the fabric frays easily. Which would be your best
A. Bound buttonhole
B. Jetted and piped buttonhole
C. Machine-stitched worked buttonhole
D. Handworked buttonhole with iron-on tape
8. When attaching a button on a man’s overcoat, you can best reduce heavy strain on the button by
reinforcing the button with
A. a smaller button on the inside. C. extra stitches sewn through the button.
B. silk thread. D. a wooden button.
9. As many alterations as possible should be made
A. after sewing a garment. C. immediately after cutting.
B. on the pattern pieces. D. following the markings on the pattern piece.
10. A client would like you to make a skirt with pleats. Which of these fabrics would you have difficulty
A. Wool C. Cotton
B. Jersey D. Linen
- designer - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 4:42pm
1. Your answer covers the length -- but not seams, hem, and shoulders.
2. You didn't give the measurement for the sleeve length.
3. I don't like any of your choices. I always washed material the same way I intended to launder the garment.
6. I don't understand your choices.
7. I disagree.
9. & 10. Right.
- designer - sabrina, Monday, September 6, 2010 at 1:16pm
I got the first one wrong only. 5,6,7 are right. i got a 90 on this test. oh and 3 is right as well. on number 2 they did not give any measurements and that is why i didn't give the measurements for the sleeve length. but, i got that one right as well. number 1 is suppose to be d. not a.
- designer - Anonymous, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 12:56pm
In order to produce a professional-looking garment, pressing should be done
A. at each process.
B. only when the garment is complete.
C. just on the right side of the fabric.
D. quickly and with a light touch.
- designer - Anonymous, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 8:14pm
1. D Correct
- designer - tomi, Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 12:00pm
For which figure type are the line of this gown most flattering?.A tall.B. short or plump.C.Thin. D. Average
Answer this Question
Algebra - Would someone please check these answers? Simplify. 3/x-5+1/1-4/x-5 ...
english - i have to write an essay of my choice so i chose game designer can ...
Algebra - Hi! I was wondering if anyone might be willing to check my answers for...
Algebra - Will someone please check my answers? 1. Multiply. (a^+2ab-b^2)(a^2-...
Algebra - Hi, could someone possibly check my answers to these algebra questions...
Chemistry (URGENT) - I have a test soon. If you can help me with these questions...
Math Analysis - Can someone check my answers please? Thank you! If tan x = 3/5, ...
Physics - A capacitor is made from two 1.2 cm diameter coins separated by a 0.18...
Algebra 1 or 2 - 5x/4 + 1/2 = x - 1/2 solve the equation and check your ...
Math SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP - Find sin(θ), cos(&#...
For Further Reading