Posted by Connor on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 7:27pm.
Determine all values of x for which f is not defined.
- Pre Calc - Dave, Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 7:55pm
thats supposed to be a fraction all equel to f(x).
- Pre Calc - Reiny, Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 8:20pm
A function is not defined if the denominator is zero
So we just have to look at the bottom which I will assume is
2x^3 - 4x^2 - 40x + 80
= 2x^2(x-2) - 40(x-2)
= (x-2)(2x^2 - 40)
so x-2 cannot be zero, or x ≠ 2
2x^ - 40 ≠ 0
x^2 ≠ 20
x ≠ ±√20 or ±2√5
so x ≠ 2, 2√5, -2√5
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre Calc - 7x^3-24x^2-19x+12 -----------------=f(x) 2x^3-4x^2-40x+80 -Determine ...
- pre-calc - what are all the real zeros for 1x^5+2x^4+4x^3+19x^2+9x-5?
- Math(pre-calc) - what are all the real zeros for 1x^5+2x^4+4x^3+19x^2+9x-5?
- AP CALC. AB - Let h be a function defined for all x≠0 such that h(4)=-3 ...
- Math - (2x-1)(3x-7)(4x+3) =6x^2-14x-33x+7 =(6x^2-19x+7)(4x+3) =24x^3+18x^2-126x+...
- calc 2 - (last one) ... Let f(t) be a function defined for all values of t. The...
- algebra - Did I do this problem the correct way if so is there a shorter way to ...
- Math(Pre=Calc) - The first term in a sequence of number is t1 = 4. The terms ...
- Pre-Calc - for the conic y=5x^2-40x+78 find an equation in standard form and its...
- Algebra - use factor theorem to determine whether x+2 is a factor of f(x). if it...