Posted by kendra on Monday, August 30, 2010 at 8:07pm.
Which of the following statements is (are) true?
A. The vapor pressure of CO2 is lower than the vapor pressure of water.
B. Sea water has a lower vapor pressure than distilled water.
C. The vapor pressure of 1 m NaCl is higher than the vapor pressure of 0.5 m KNO3, assuming that the solvent in each case is water.
D. The vapor pressure of 1 m sucrose (C12H22O11) is higher than the vapor pressure of 1 m NaCl where the solvent is water.
E. The vapor pressure of 0.10 m NaCl is higher than the vapor pressure of 0.05 m MgCl2, assuming the solvent in each case is water.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 12:16am
What do you think about these. You know A can't be right because CO2 is a gas at room temperature and H2O is a liquid. B certainly is true since
P(soln) = X(solvent)*P(solvent) and sincd X(solvent) is lower for solutions than it is for pure liquid, the vapor pressure of the solution must be less.
tucker tigers - michael, Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 4:44pm
why do the water vapor change back to a liuid
Chemistry - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 12:06am
Rank these aqueous solutions in order of decreasing freezing point:
1 m Na2SO4
1 m LiF
1.5 m CaCl2
1.5 m glycerol
2 m NH4Cl
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A sample of hydrogen gas (H2) is produced in a laboratory by ...
- chemistry - Calculate the vapor pressure lowering of water when 5.67 g of ...
- chemistry - vapor pressure - the vapor pressure of pure water at 25C is 23.8 ...
- Physical chemistry - Estimate the vapor pressure of sea water at 20C given that ...
- Air conditioning - The partial pressure of water vapor in an atmosphere at 35oC ...
- chemistry - A solution is made by dissolving 22.9 g urea (), a nonelectrolyte, ...
- Chem 2 - calculate the vapor pressure of a solution made by dissolving 61.7g (...
- Chemistry - The output of a diesel generator, which contains a mixture of CO2 ...
- chemistry - How many grams of NaCl must be added to 225.0 g of H2O at 45 °C to ...
- Chemistry - The vapor pressure of water at 25°C is 23.76 mm Hg. What would you ...