Posted by Vicki on Monday, August 30, 2010 at 5:03pm.
In a rural area of Guatemala, three groups of villages received different public health interventions. The Minister of Health wants to know which of these interventions was the most cost-effective for averting death among children who are 3 years of age and younger. Persons in the first group of villages were provided with both nutrition and healthcare services (NUTHC). Those in the second group of villages received nutrition services only (NUT) and those in the third group received healthcare only (HC). Analyze the table below and answer the following questions:
Cost per death averted
Up to 3 years
(< 28 days of age)
(< 1 years of age)
1-3 years old
Which intervention is the most cost-effective for averting infant death in these villages?
Do interventions have the same effect on all age groups according to the table data? Explain.
Why do you think one intervention is more cost effective in one age group than in another age group? Are there biological, social, and environmental risk factors that are different among these age groups that may explain these differences? Explain your answer.
If you were short on resources, what intervention would you chose?
public health issue - Writeacher, Monday, August 30, 2010 at 6:07pm
What kind of HELP do you need? You need to be specific when asking questions here.
If all you do is post your entire assignment, nothing will happen since no one here will do your work for you. But if you are specific about what you don't understand about the assignment or exactly what help you need, someone might be able to assist you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Public Health - Your community leaders have noticed an increase in positive STD ...
- Health care - How might a community become involved in making public health ...
- health - Your community leaders have noticed an increase in positive STD test ...
- Health - 28. Referrals for mental health services should be made when A. the ...
- community/public health - identify a new law or regulation that affects the ...
- health - which system model is most effective in public health and why?
- public health - What are the purposes of public health surveillance? How are ...
- Comm health - Compare public health and community health. What is the history of...
- nursing - List three key staff of a public health department other than the ...
- Public Health - The assignment What is a public health agency that affects your...