Posted by Sarah on Monday, August 30, 2010 at 1:57pm.
If you have 25.3 g of NaCl.
a) how many moles of NaCl do you have? = .433 mol
b) how many moles of sodium ions do you have?
c)how many moles of chloride ions do you have?
d) how many sodium ions do you have?
e) how many chloride ions do you have?
How do i solve these? Please help just need a format about how to set up the problem don't need you to give me the answer.
chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, August 30, 2010 at 2:08pm
a is right.
b. There is 1 mole Na ion in a mole of NaCl (from the formula).
c. same for Cl ion.
d and e. There are 6.02 x 10^23 ions in a mole of ions. You know the mole of Na ions and Cl ions from b and c.
chemistry - Sarah, Monday, August 30, 2010 at 2:15pm
so if i had only 1 mol i would still have the same answers for a through e. How does that work?
chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, August 30, 2010 at 2:35pm
Yes and No.
You have the same number of moles Na ion as moles NaCl so the answers are the same for b and c.
Re-read my response for c and d. There are 6.02 x 10^23 individual ions in a mole of ions. So if you had a mole of NaCl you would have a mole of Na ions, a mole of Cl ions, and 6.02 x 10^23 individual Na and Cl ions. YOu don't have a mole of NaCl; you actually have about 0.4 mol NaCl. Therefore, you will have about 0.4 mole Na ions, about 0.4 mole Cl ions, and about 0.4 x 6.02 x 10^23 individual Na ions and 0.4 x 6.02 x 10^23 individual Cl ions.
chemistry - rock, Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 3:41am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - How many moles of sodium ions are there in 5.85g NaCl? So far all I ...
- Chemistry - The problem ask what is the mass of iron(iii) chloride contains 2.35...
- Chemistry (moles) - A 1.00L sample of seawater contains 19.4g of chloride ions, ...
- Chemistry - What is the solubility of CuCl when it is in a solution of 0.35 M ...
- Chemistry - 14. What is the number of moles in 42 g of NaCl? A. 1.8 mol NaCl B. ...
- Chemistry - When NaCl dissolves in water it breaks up in sodium ions (Na+)and ...
- Chemistry - Given that the solubility of sodium chloride is 36 grams per 100 ...
- AP Chemistry - Consider the following reaction: PbCl2 + 2 NaOH → Pb(OH)2...
- Chemistry - Consider the following reaction: PbCl2 + 2 NaOH -> Pb(OH)2 + 2 ...
- Chemistry - How does table salt (NaCl) dissolve in water? A. The oxygen atoms in...