Posted by Jessica Fuentes on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 5:53pm.
Assignment: The Scientific Method
• Review Appendix D.
• Open the Scientific Method Web site.
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of the Web site to choose a hypothesis and prediction about growing plants.
• Click on Do the Experiment. The results of the experiment you chose will appear.
• Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that describes how you would conduct the experiment for your chosen hypothesis:
o Include an example of how you have used the scientific method in a real-life situation.
o Explain each step of the scientific method as it applies to your Web experiment and your real-life example. Your paper must include two explanations of the scientific method.
• Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
• Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.
Now I have everything I need to do, I just don't understand what I am supposed to do where it says I must include two explanations of the scientific method. Can someone help me clarify this???
- BIO 100 - Writeacher, Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 6:13pm
Could these be two explanations?
~~The scientific method as applied during a science class/lab/experiment.
~~The scientific method as applied to a "real-life example."
- BIO 100 - Jessica Fuentes, Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 6:21pm
I am not sure, that is what I am asking. My experiment is to explain why plants grown indoor always seem to grow towards the light. So I have 3 plants on the left side of the light and 3 plants on the right side of the light.
With the real life example I am planning on using sunflowers and how they always face towards the sun.
I am not sure if this is correct or if I am understanding this assignment correctly. If I can't get it I will turn it in late and just ask my teacher for help but I don't want to lose points at the same time.
Answer this Question
- English - Please Help If I get information from one web site and that web site...
- LA - 1. When considering the authority of a Web site, look for all of the ...
- PSYCHOLOGY answer included - provide a situation when scientific method, case ...
- english - 1. Which of the following sources is least likely to have been edited ...
- Science - I have two questions that I need some help with please. 1) Developing ...
- business - hello I have subscribed with home work site" called Internet Secrets...
- Physics - The scientific method - Is the scientific method a clearly-defined set...
- science - Discuss the importance of each step in the scientific method. Why do ...
- writing for the web - Question 1 This step in planning a Web project involves ...
- IT - select a web site that contains e-commerce applications. What are the ...