Posted by Theresa on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 10:22am.
The table shows the position of a cyclist.
t (seconds) 0 1 2 3 4 5
s (meters) 0 1.6 4.6 10.4 17.8 25.2
(a) Find the average velocity for the time period [1, 3].
(b) Find the average velocity for the time period [2, 3].
(c) Find the average velocity for the time period [3, 5].
(d) Find the average velocity for the time period [3, 4].
Help! I have no idea where to start with this question!
- Calculus - drwls, Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 10:39am
Do them all the same way.
It would e easier to see if the numbers in your table lined up one above the other.
The average velocity between time 1 (t1) and time 2 (t2) is:
(position2 - position1)/(t2 - t1)
The first answer is
(10.4 - 1.6)/(3 -1) = 3.25 m/s
- Calculus - Theresa, Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 10:44am
Thank you! I was trying to make it harder than it really was! lol! Thank you again!
- Calculus - Anonymous, Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 1:09am
how do i find the instaneous velocity at t=
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- CALCULUS - The displacement (in centimeters) of a particle moving back and forth...
- Calculus - If a ball is thrown in the air with a velocity 44 ft/s, its height in...
- Calculus - Suppose that an object moves along an s-axis so that its location is ...
- physics - A cyclist is cycling at a uniform velocity of 8m/s for 8 seconds. He ...
- calculus - A particle moves on a line so that its position at time t seconds is ...
- Calculus - The displacement (in meters) of a particle moving in a straight line ...
- Calculus - If a ball is thrown straight up into the air with an initial velocity...
- Calculas - If a ball is thrown in the air with a velocity 44 ft/s, its height in...
- Calculus - s(t) = t^2 - 6t + 5 models the motion of a person cycling along Rte ...
- Physics - A motorcyclist who is moving along an x-axis has an acceleration given...