Posted by Jae on Saturday, August 28, 2010 at 9:53pm.
words Curt, Demoralize, dilemma,inclination, irate, retort, sabotage, subsequent, wary,zeal
if my carpets need cleaning or i want a new cellphone plan. I will do some comparison shopping first. I am not likely to buy anything suddenly just because a complete stranger has phoned usually during the dinner hour to sell it. For this and other reason , i have always been_______________ of telephone salespeople.
I don't like their cheerful, overly amiable voices and their nervy suggestions as to how I might easily pay for whatever it is they are selling, My ____________ is to get of the phone as soon as possible.
My husband, however create a(n) __________ for me when he takes these calls, He doesn't want what is being sold either, but he feels sorry for the telemarketers.
He doesn't want to _________ them with such a(n) ____________ reply as "NO". When they begin their sales pitches, he is overcome by their _________ for their products and therefore listens politely.
Then he ______________ my efforts to discourage ________________ calls by suggesting that the salespeople call back later to talk to his wife! I don't know who get more ________________ when that happens I or the salespeople, disappointed when they realize we never intended to buy a thing.More than onces, when I've finally said he or she has ______ (e)d "well, thanks for wasting my time
- english - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 28, 2010 at 9:57pm
I have always been___WARY_ of telephone salespeople.
My _INCLINATION_ is to get off the phone as soon as possible.
That's a start. Please look up the definition of any words you don't understand.
We'll be glad to check the rest of your answers.
- english - The best student ever :), Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 8:21pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english check answer - 1) wary 2) inclination 3) dilemma 4) Sabotage 5) Retort ...
- English - What are the correct words for the following sentence? "Already angry...
- english vocab - __________ 1-2 Already angry,the customer became more ___ when ...
- English - 1. What did Mike need at the store? He needed some things. 2. Who went...
- English - Read the passage below and answer the question: Jack: I’ll be there in...
- English - I need to buy some new clothes for the summer. to buy some new clothes...
- English - need some advice! My learners will work on a text next week.In the ...
- English - Can you help me rephrase first part of the song "Parents just don't ...
- English - Hello! Next Tuesday I am teaching a class for the first time! (I am ...
- English - To return your items, you must have a receipt. We are studying ...