Posted by Lucinda on Saturday, August 28, 2010 at 9:31pm.
1. The rate of a chemical reaction may be defined as:
a) The speed at which a molecule travels from point A to point B.
b) The change in concentration of reactants or products per unit time.
c) The change in concentration of reactant divided by change in
concentration of product per unit time.
d) The time taken for equilibrium to be established.
2. Oxides of nitrogen are key components of photochemical smog and much
effort has been devoted to understanding their behaviour. The following
data were obtained for the decomposition of N2O5 at 45¡ãC. What is the
order of the reaction?
3. What is the final concentration of CoCl2 in the reaction in Part 2? ¡°1. Using
an automatic dispenser, deliver 10 mL of 0.21 M potassium sodium tartrate solution into
25 mL conical flask. 2. Using a graduated pipette measure out 4 mL of 6% H2O2 and add
to the 25 mL conical flask. 3.Warm the solution to 60¡ãC in a water bath. The water bath is
set to approx. 75¡ãC, ¡à you will need to monitor the temperature and remove the flask at
the required temperature. 4. When the temp. of the solution reaches 60¡ãC add 1.4 mL of
0.05M CoCl2 using dispenser and start timing. Swirl continuously.¡±
b) 6.1 ¡Á 10¨C3M
c) 4.5 ¡Á 10¨C3M
d) 1.4 ¡Á 10¨C3M
4. Beer¡¯s Law is a mathematical expression relating:
a) the amount of XXXX consumed to blood alcohol concentration.
b) the mass of a species to absorbance.
c) the wavelength of absorption to the energy of absorption.
d) the concentration of a species to the absorbance.
5. In Part 3, the initial concentration of H+ in Reaction Mixture 1 is 0.05M. What is
the concentration of H+ after mixing? ¡°Pipette 10 mL of Reaction Mixture 1 into a 50 mL
beaker. Pipette 1 mL of the KMnO4 into the Reaction Mixture, starting the stopwatch
d) 6.00 ¡Á 10¨C2M
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Before a chemical reaction reaches equilibrium, A. the reaction ...
- SCIENCE 1 - Which of the following is a true statement about chemical equilibria...
- Chemistry - Please help me on this for my Midterm Review thank you very much... ...
- Chemistry - 1. For the reaction 2N2O(g) ⇋ O2(g) + 2N2(g), what happens to ...
- Chemistry - In a reversible reaction, chemical equilibrium is attained when ? 1...
- chemistry - In a reaction A to products, ,4.40 min after the reaction is started...
- Chemistry - when heated, sulfuric acid will decompose into sulfur trioxide and ...
- chem - a.) At equilibrium, the molar concentrations for reactants and products ...
- Chemistry - enthalpy and rate constant (check) - 22. The rate of a chemical ...
- chemistry - Equilibrium is established in a reversible reaction when: A)the [...