Posted by Mason on Friday, August 27, 2010 at 7:42pm.
I just googled 'what is a consecutive number'. I kind of understand what it means, but I need to know what two consecutive numbers add to 257.
Hope you can help me!!!
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, August 27, 2010 at 7:45pm
257 / 2 = 128.5
128 + 129 = 257
- Math - Mason, Friday, August 27, 2010 at 7:47pm
Ok, so if the number was even, would you do the same thing?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, August 27, 2010 at 7:54pm
No two consecutive numbers add up to an even number.
19 + 20 = ?
45 + 46 = ?
- Math - Mason, Friday, August 27, 2010 at 7:56pm
Ok. So there can't be a consecutive number "set" when the number is a even number?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, August 27, 2010 at 8:01pm
You could have a three consecutive number set with an even number.
19 + 20 + 21 = 60
Or you could have three consecutive even numbers that add up to an even number.
18 + 20 + 22 = 60
- Math - Mason, Friday, August 27, 2010 at 8:03pm
Ok, thank you sooo much I get it now!!
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, August 27, 2010 at 8:05pm
Great!! And, you're welcome, Mason.
- Math - brenda, Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 12:25am
Is 200 and 57 a consecutive number or...
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - Hi i posted this question: the general expression for consecutive ...
- quad. eq. - find 3 consecutive integers such that the product of the second and ...
- Mathematics - What are consecutive numbers? -The sum of TWO consecutive whole ...
- MATH Trouble - I have no idea what this problem means: For how many two-digit ...
- maths - can you replace the stars with figures **** x 3 ______ ***** the whole ...
- Pre-Algebra - Find two consecutive odd integers such that 5 times the first ...
- algebra - I don't understand this math question.It says :Two consecutive numbers...
- Algebra - Find two consecutive odd numbers that add to 208, when the smaller ...
- math - don't understand help please When one half of the second of two ...
- MATH - The sum of three whole numbers is 193. The smaller two are consecutive ...