Posted by star on Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 4:00am.
can anyone come up with an idea for a short narrative for the poem "In the tube" by Richard Aldington.
it has to fill a gap in the poem, in other words it has to say what it hasn't in the poem. the focus is on 'marginalization'
i have to write an epistolary narrative on it
Here is the poem:
The electric car jerks;
I stumble on the slats of the floor,
Fall into a leather seat
And look up.
A row of advertisements,
A row of windows,
Set in brown woodwork pitted with brass nails,
A row of hard faces,
In the swaying train,
Rush across the flickering background of fluted dingy tunnel;
A row of eyes,
Eyes of greed, of pitiful blankness, of plethoric complacency,
Gaze, stare at one point,
At my eyes.
[p.24] Cut my brain, as a dry sharp reed
Cuts a finger.
I surprise the same thought
In the brass-like eyes:
'What right have you to live?'
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- English - My teacher asked us to write a poem in the style of Langston Hughes' ...
- English 10-Check/Help - Part 1: Poem Structure Check my following answers below...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- English - CHECK PLEASE?! Part 1: Poem Structure "Annbel lee" by edgar allen poe ...
- English - Part 1: Poem Structure "Annbel lee" by edgar allen poe Check PLEASE...
- poetry - Read the following poem and answer questions that follow: Life, death,-...
- english - so to craete a narrative poem in the anglo saxon style of beowulf is ...
- English - How do you know “Paul Revere’s Ride” is narrative poetry? It is a poem...
- The writer by Richard Wilbur Poem - Could you please help me I have no idea what...