Posted by Adesuwa on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 2:56am.
(1) Britain and the U.S abolished the slave trade in?
(2) The threat to the mercantile colonial world included all of the following except?
A. Slave revolt
B. Independence movements
C. The free trade lobby.
D. Enlightenment universalism
E. The papacy
My answer E
(3)European found it difficult to colonize Africa at first because?
A. of disease.
B. The continent's difficult geography.
C. the power of the Fulani and Bambara states.
D of missionary work there preventing economic relation.
E. A and B
My answer E
(4)Which was not among the underlying reason for war in 1914?
A. The arms race.
B. a deep antagonism between Germany and France
C. The effectiveness of the alliance system in achieving security and encouraging negotiated solutions.
D. the use by many governments of nationalist and militaristic foreign policies to deflect attentionfrom domestic problems.
E. the limits of the diplomatic system.
My answer E.
(5)The British East India company?
My answer: Forced Bengal to pay for its exports to Britian through land taxes.
(6)The germans planned to invade France first because they?
My answer: Believe they could conquer France before Russia could mobilize, thereby avoiding a two front war.
(7)In 1907, in order to balance the Triple Alliance, the Triple Entente was formed by?
My answer: France,Russia, and Britain.
(8) During World War1 the most striking break from pre-war conditions on ythe home front was?
My answer: Censorship.
(9)Which group experienced a relative improvement in income and standards of living as a result of World War 1?
My answer: Woman.
(10) Which of the following factors provoked the participants in the Taiping Rebellion?
My answer: Peasant unrest and anti-foreign sentiments.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - Question 1 In 1907, in order to balance the Triple Alliance, the ...
- History - Please can anyone check my answers to this question if is correct or ...
- US History - Which of these resolutions was included in the Compromise of 1850 ...
- History - Which statements about the African slave trade of the 1500s are ...
- History 108 (paper due tonight) - What economic basis did the slave trade have ...
- World History - Which of the following statements about the provisions of the ...
- ks3 history - when did the british slave trade end? was it 1807 march 25th ...
- geometry - What contribution did Simon bolivar and Jose de San martin make to ...
- U.S/history AP - ----------After TX achieved independence they wanted to be ...
- world civilizations - Regarding trade and social change in Africa, which ...