Posted by Jessica Fuentes on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 6:18pm.
In 200 to 300 words name two other factors that have potential to prevent equality in education. Elaborate on the two you choose. Other than the obvious obstacles of prejudice and discrimination (such as, boys getting more attention than girls; minorities in poor schools; and so forth.
I just want to make sure I am on point with my answer.
I have chosen physical handicaps and racism, are these considered the same or am I on the right track?
AED 204 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 6:21pm
They look good -- especially if you show that racism exists in the classroom, not just because they are poor schools. Does racism exist in middle class classrooms? Is racism a cause of poor schools?
AED 204 - Jessica Fuentes, Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 8:07pm
This is what I am planning on writing:
The two factors that can contribute to the prevention of equality in education are children that are physically handicap and different races within the classroom. Many children are distracted when it comes to a handicapped child only because they can stare, make fun, or have to sit quietly while the teacher takes some time to explain things a little more. Some children might perceive that you are giving more time to that child instead of them, so they will feel a little left out or unimportant.
The other factor is different races within the classroom. There are many stereotypes that come with races and this can definitely become a distraction. Also, there might be some ELL students within the class that might prove a bit of difficulty and thoughts of favoritism as well. Having a language barrier might prevent the child from learning something that the others can understand.
AED 204 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 8:10pm
I don't think racism covers differences of language. They are two separate things.
You might want to change the category from racism to ELL students.
AED 204 - Jessica Fuentes, Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 8:12pm
I will do that, from what you read, is this alright, did I understand the assignment correctly?
AED 204 - Jessica Fuentes, Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 8:29pm
Thank you Ms. Sue. You are always such a great help.
AED 204 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 8:30pm
You're welcome, Jessica. :-)
Yes, I think you understand the assignment correctly.
AED 204 - Jen, Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 11:30pm
Change handicap in the first sentence to handicapped.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AED 204 - In 200 to 300 words name two other factors that have potential to ...
- 204 - Other than the obvious obstacles of prejudice and discrimination (such as...
- AED 204 - Check the Main forum to see which discussion cluster your teacher has ...
- MATH - Calculate the net present value (NPV) of the cash shown on the diagram at...
- social studies - When choosing a name for a child, how could a parent best use ...
- AED 204 - My assignment says to write no more than 150 words about the ...
- social studies - when choosing a name for a child,how could a parent best use ...
- history - many of the reform movemnets were marked by attempts of minority ...
- HTT 200 - in 200 to 300 words, for which department you would rather work. Which...
- Ecomomics - Hi, I need help with these four questions can anyone help me, it is ...