Posted by barb on Monday, August 23, 2010 at 12:35am.
find the slope if any:
this is the part that loses me:
16-0=16 -2/16=-1/8 is this correct? If not can you help me?
math - Quidditch, Monday, August 23, 2010 at 1:39am
Put the equations into slope-intercept form:
y = mx + b
m = slope
b = y intercept
For your first problem...
subtract x from both sides
x + 8y = 16
8y = -x + 16
divide both sides by 8
y = -(1/8)x + 2
So, the slope is -(1/8)
I am not sure why you set y to 0 in your solution. That will give you the x intercept, but not the slope.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math help & correction - Problem #1 Is this correct or wrong? Find the slope of ...
- ALG 2 PLZ PLZ HELP - As you can see, the biker and his friend are having a hard ...
- Math - The point P(8, −3) lies on the curve y = 3/(7 − x). (a) If Q ...
- calculas - The point P(7, ?4) lies on the curve y = 4/(6 ? x). (a) If Q is the ...
- Math - 1) What is the slope of a line that is parallel to y = 2? 2) What is the ...
- math - Show that the formula for a line through two points (a1,b1) and (a2,b2) ...
- Calculus - I have a two part question that pertains to a curve (r(x)) and its ...
- Math -Precal 11 - Show that the point P(7,7) is on the perpendicular bisector of...
- Atomic physics - 1)Five possible transitions for a hydrogen atom are listed ...
- math correction - Find the slope of any line perpendicular to the line through ...