Posted by barb on Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 9:25pm.
graph the equation and identify the y intercept: y=1/2x
How do work this can anyone help with step by step as i will have more of these?
- math - MathMate, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 9:35pm
The slope-intercept form of a line is
where m is the slope and b is the y-intercept.
You can consider the given equation as:
So what is the y-intercept?
- math - barb, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 9:38pm
is it (0,0)? I thought x was the slope
- math - MathMate, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 9:52pm
m is the slope, and b is the y-intercept in y=mx+b. The given equation can be converted to the form
y=(1/2)x + 0
So what is the y-intercept for the given equation?
Note: the y-intercept is a single numerical which represents the y-coordinate of the intersection of the line with the y-axis. It is not a coordinate pair.
- math - barb, Monday, August 23, 2010 at 2:13am
the question tells us to type in an ordered pair
- math - MathMate, Monday, August 23, 2010 at 7:44am
In that case, you could answer with the ordered pair of the intersection point, namely (0,0) as you mentioned.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - graph the equation and identify the y intercept: y=1/2x How do work this ...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- Algebra - I need an equation for L that satisfies the given geometric condition...
- math - can i get step by step for this equation? 3x + 2y =24 what is the y ...
- College Algebra - Using the 7 steps outlined in section 4.3 of your book, ...
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- math grade 10 - 1.)Determine the x- and y- intercept of each equation. (if u can...
- Maths - A cubic graph has the equation: y = 3(x-1)(x+2)(x+5) Write in similar ...
- algebra - Which of the following is not a step used when graphing the equation y...
- MATH-ALGEBRA - What's the slope-intercept equation of line which is parallel to ...