Posted by barb on Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 6:57pm.
graph the equation and identify the y intercept: y=1/2x
How do work this can anyone help with step by step as i will have more of these?
- math - Damon, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 6:59pm
Do you perhaps mean
y = (1/2) x
If so, when x = 0, y = 0
If it is really
y = 1/(2x)
then when x = 0, y is undefined.
- math - barb, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:02pm
it really means y= 1/2 x
Does x have to represent 0? I need to know why
- math - Damon, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:03pm
The y axis intercept is the value of y when x = 0
- math - Damon, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:05pm
because any old function that crosses the y axis does so along the vertical line x = 0
This one never quite hits the vertical axis
- math - barb, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:11pm
the question says to list the ordered pair,is the ordered pair (0,0).Some of the questions give "undefined as an option, but not this question.
- math - Damon, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:15pm
Well, 1/(2*0) is undefined
so I would have to say
where oo means infinity.
Are you absolutely sure you do not have a typo in the problem statement?
If it were y = x/2 the solution would be (0,0)
- math - barb, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:24pm
Graph the equation and identify the y intercept: y= one half*x or 1/2*x
The y intercept is____
type in the ordered pair.
That is the exact question
Answer this Question
- math - graph the equation and identify the y intercept: y=1/2x How do work this ...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- Algebra - I need an equation for L that satisfies the given geometric condition...
- math - can i get step by step for this equation? 3x + 2y =24 what is the y ...
- College Algebra - Using the 7 steps outlined in section 4.3 of your book, ...
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- math grade 10 - 1.)Determine the x- and y- intercept of each equation. (if u can...
- Maths - A cubic graph has the equation: y = 3(x-1)(x+2)(x+5) Write in similar ...
- algebra - Which of the following is not a step used when graphing the equation y...
- MATH-ALGEBRA - What's the slope-intercept equation of line which is parallel to ...