Posted by Marc on Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 1:08pm.
What are subjunctive verbs in Spanish? I've learned them before but I don't understand them.
- Spanish - Joejoe, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 1:13pm
When talking about something that might or might not happen, a special tense called the subjunctive is often used. It’s not just a verb tense —it’s a MOOD—throwing some emotion or opinion into the sentence. Using the subjunctive can be tricky for English speakers, so the key is to remember it as the emotional, doubtful, hopeful MOOD. Things that MAY or MAY NOT happen —often opinions or wishes rather than hard facts. need any more help marc?
- Spanish - bobpursley, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 1:17pm
- Spanish - Joejoe, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 1:18pm
thanks bob i mean i tried to post the link but it didn't allow it. lose.
- Spanish - Marc, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 1:22pm
- Spanish - SraJMcGin, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:27pm
This is my favorite thing to explain. It becomes a "thought process." You need to see if it DID happen = indicative/fact or "may" or "might" but when you look into a crystal ball you can't tell if it did, would or will!
There are many reasons for using the Subjuntive = emotion, doubt, hope or wish, adverbs of time, etc. As you get to each aspect, we'll be glad to explain it further.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish - I have to write sentences with subjunctive verbs in them, and I'm ...
- Spanish - For my Spanish class I need to memorize a poem in Spanish that uses ...
- Spanish - We have to translate the following sentences into spanish [we're ...
- Spanish - How do you say 'petted' and 'holding onto my piggybank' in Spanish? I ...
- Spanish-Help - We learned different timeframes in We learned timeframes in ...
- Spanish - in spanish Tell 3 things you do in the morning using reflexive verbs
- Spanish - For spanish I have to write a spanish paragraph that inclues six ar-...
- Spanish conjugating - How do you conjugate -ar and -er verbs in spanish?
- Spanish - for the verbs ending in car, gar, zar i thought you only change the "...
- Social Studies - Before 1720, what was the difference in the relationships ...