Posted by MBK on Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 12:29pm.
The length of a rectangle is twice the width. The area is 242 yd^2. Find the length and the width of the rectangle.
The width would be? The length would be?
I am not sure if I am to take 242 and sqrt it to give me 58,564 and then divide by 4 or what. I am lost with this.
Math Word Problem - PsyDAG, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 12:39pm
L = 2W
L * W = 242
2W * W = 242
Solve for W, then L.
Math Word Problem - MBK, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 12:55pm
So the L=242 and the W=60.5
Or am I way off base with this?
Math Word Problem - MBK, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 12:58pm
Or would the L=484 and the W=242
Math Word Problem - Reiny, Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 1:29pm
no, work out PsyDAG's equation.
2W*W = 242
W^2 = 121
W = √121 = 11
so W = 11
L = 2W = 22
Area = 11*22 = 242
Math Word Problem - Anonymous, Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 5:04pm
Math Word Problem - shannon, Monday, November 10, 2014 at 10:56am
The area of a rectangle is
, and the length of the rectangle is
more than twice the width. Find the dimensions of the rectangle.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - The length of a rectangle is 5 in. more than twice its width.? How do I ...
- algebra , help - Can someone help me set up the equations thanks. Directions: ...
- math - I can't seem to figure this out. It is for my study guide. Please help. ...
- algebra help please - The area of a rectangle of length x is given by 3x^2+5x ...
- math - the dimensions of a rectangle are such that its length is 3 inches more ...
- math - a rectangle is twice as long as it is wide. if both of its dimensions are...
- Math - The area of a rectangle is shown below The area of the rectangle is 56 ...
- basic geometric - 10. a rectangle has width the same as a side of a square whose...
- Quadratic Equation - The dimensions of a rectangle are such that its length is 3...
- Maths - The area of a rectangle of width ycm is 140cm^2. If the width is reduced...