Posted by Jackie on Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 6:02pm.
Simplify each expression (where possible) and write the answer without using negative or fractional exponents. Assume that X>0.
e. (x^(1/2)) / (x^(5/2)
so far my answers are : a.2x b. -2x c.1/2x but i feel that i'm doing it completely wrong. d&e i don't know how to solve them...
Could someone explain how to simplify them? Thank You!
Math- Completely confused! - Damon, Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 6:23pm
If it is 8 * x^(1/3)
that can not be simplifies.
If it were (8 x)^(1/3)
that would be 2 x^(1/3)
b. -8(1/3) = -2 yes
but x^(1/3) = x^(1/3), no simplification
so I get -2 x^(1/3)
c. 1/8^(1/3) = 1/2
so I get
d. 3 * 16^(1/4) * x^(3/4)*x^(1/4)
e. x^(1/2 - 5/2) = x^-4/2 = x^-2 = 1/x^2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - simplify the expression; write without using negative exponents. Assume ...
- Algebra - Simplify the expression. Assume that all variables represent positive ...
- Algebra - Simplify each expression. Assume that no denominators are zero. Write ...
- Math: Rational Exponents - simplify completely. give your answer without ...
- Math - Simplify expression, write final answer without negative exponents. (x-3/...
- Algebra - Simplify the expression. Write the answer without negative exponents...
- Algebra (check my answers) - Please check these answers. Multiply -7(2a2 -4) = -...
- College Algebra - I need some help with a few problems. They are multiple choice...
- Math - How do you simplify a expression with positive exponents? How do you ...
- Please check answers) - Perform the indicated operations and simplify the result...