Posted by Jess on Friday, August 20, 2010 at 4:52am.
01.Which area of Phonetics deals with manner and place of articulation of sounds?
02.Select the statement that is incorrect.
a Phonology deals with the individual sounds of the language, word and sentence stress,
intonation patterns and connected speech features.
b The organs of speech are also called articulators.
c Intonation shows emotions; the attitude of the speaker.
d All words in a sentence are stressed in English.
03.Which categories do phonemes consist of?
a Vowel sounds
b Consonant sounds
c Vowel and consonant sounds
04.The phoneme / ? / is in the word ...
d none of the above
05.The phoneme / æ / is in the word ...
06.The sound schwa can be found in the word ....
07.Which features should be taken into account when describing a vowel sound?
a The height and horizontal position of the tongue
b The length of the sound
c The lip position and voicing
d All of the above
08.Which word sounds different?
09.The vowel sound in the word cat is a ...
a front low short sound.
b front mid short sound.
c front low long sound.
d none of the above
10.The vowel sound in the word food is a ...
a back low short sound.
b back high long sound.
c back high short sound.
d central mid long sound.
- english - GuruBlue, Friday, August 20, 2010 at 7:18am
After YOU have answered these we will be happy to give you suggestions if needed. We do not do your work for you.
- English - Writeacher, Friday, August 20, 2010 at 9:08am
You can look up words and terms in these sites:
- english - Bill, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 10:11am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english - 01.Which area of Phonetics deals with manner and place of ...
- english phonetics - Hello I was wondering if my answers for my phonetics ...
- English - Thank you very much! A very last thing. The story deals with (a family...
- English - I went swimming. It was fun. - Wow, sounds like you had a good time...
- Communication/Speech - Articulation errors: A. cannot be fixed B. should be ...
- English (grammar) - Is this statement correct? "Helping other people contributes...
- geology(science) i still dont understand - how the earths four subsystems ...
- English - 1. That sounds fun to me. (What is the part of sppech of 'fun'? Is it ...
- reading - we all know that babies make funny sounds. Little by little, babies ...
- HEALTH - Phonology refers to the science which treats A. blood disorders. B. ...