Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, August 19, 2010 at 2:43pm.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS. (MY ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM...)
1. Which one of the following factors is one of the principles of
A. Form C. Pattern
B. Color D. Balance
2. Of the following expressions, which best describes the
concept of harmony in a roomís decor?
A. A consistency of mood
B. Strongly contrasting color values
C. A mix of assorted furniture styles
D. An assortment of items in various sizes
3. Normally, a prime consideration in designing a childís
bedroom would be to ensure that the
A. mood is conversational.
B. furnishings are sturdy.
C. colors provide contrast.
D. room has a secondary focal point.
4. Which one of these statements is correct regarding how pattern is used in design?
A. Only the largest, most dominant pattern affects the overall appearance of the
B. A large pattern appears most dramatic when used in a large room or on an
C. The secondary print used in a roomís decor should be as strong as the primary
D. Decorative patterns should be selected to harmonize with structural patterns.
5. Which one of these statements best describes the concept of line as itís used in
A. A line is a straight shape thatís much narrower than it is long.
B. The use of lines in a design always creates a sense of restfulness and stability.
C. A line leads the eye, conveying a sense of motion.
D. The use of lines in a design will always create a sense of strength and dignity.
6. Which one of these statements is correct regarding the design concepts of proportion
A. The terms proportion and scale are interchangeable terms.
B. Proportion has to do with the sizes of the parts of an object; scale refers to the size
of an object in relation to the size of other objects.
C. An objectís proportions refer to its size in relation to the size of other objects; scale
refers to the objectís measured dimensions.
D. Proportion refers to the dimensions of objects that are parts of a single group;
scale refers to the dimensions of furniture groups that are parts of a single room.
7. Which one of the following expresses a color value?
A. True green C. Blue-green
B. Dark green D. Forest green
8. The bodies of the lamps shown
in Examination Figure 1 have
9. Which one of the rectangles shown here has the golden mean proportions?
10. The basic shape of the lamp shade in
Examination Figure 2 is a
11. Which one of the following statements is correct regarding the design concept of scale?
A. The scale of the objects in a room can be varied for a special effect.
B. A room canít have unity unless the scale of all objects in the room is the same.
C. When objects are arranged on each side of a centerline for formal balance, good
scale will result.
D. If an object possesses good proportions, good scale in the arrangement is
12. The room in Examination Figure 3 has two focal points. One is at the fireplace wall,
and the other is in the dining area. As a decorator, you decide to use paint to unite
these two focal points. How would you paint the walls in the dining area?
A. In a lighter value than that in the living area
B. In a different color than that in the living area
C. In white to reflect the living area
D. In a similar color to reduce contrasts
13. Which one of the following shows a good example of rhythm used in a roomís decor?
A. An arched line at the tops of dining room chairs repeated in a sofa back, a mirror
top, and a windowís drapery line
B. A rectangular red area rug, oval-backed dining chairs, and a blue dining table
C. A dark-blue print pillow on a white sofa and a light-green, solid-colored pillow on a
D. An oval coffee table in front of an L-shaped sofa
14. Which one of these statements best describes the concept of form as itís used in
A. A form is a series of lines enclosing a space.
B. A form is any series of three-dimensional shapes arranged in a group.
C. The concept of form refers to art objects, while shape refers to furniture.
D. An objectís form is either inherent or derived.
15. Generally, the most effective way to use texture when decorating a room is by
A. selecting one texture only for use throughout the room.
B. combining only similar textures throughout the room.
C. using only smooth textures.
D. combining different textures in ways that provide contrast and balance.
16. Which one of the following is an element of design?
A. Form C. Scale
B. Unity D. Proportion
17. Which of the following statements is correct regarding the design concept of emphasis?
A. A room should not have more than one focal point.
B. Focal points in a roomís architecture must be emphasized with contrasting colors.
C. A focal point canít be established in a setting where formal balance is used.
D. Generally, a focal point should be visible from the entrance to a room.
18. Which one of the following should be your primary concern when creating an
arrangement with informal balance?
A. Arrange furniture and other objects so that you have no centerline.
B. Place those items with the greatest visual weight nearest the centerline.
C. Balance all the items around a central pivot point.
D. Make certain that no two identical objects are placed on opposite sides
of the centerline.
19. The basic shape of the body of the lamp in
Examination Figure 4 is a
20. Which type of balance is represented in the
overhead view of a table and chairs
in Examination Figure 5?
EXAMINATION FIGURE 4
EXAMINATION FIGURE 5
- The elements and Principles of Design - bobpursley, Thursday, August 19, 2010 at 4:25pm
7,8,9,10,12, 19,20 cannot determine, missing information.
The rest I agree with.
- Penn Foster - Monica, Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 10:39pm
They are all correct.
- The elements and Principles of Design - Erika, Friday, June 10, 2011 at 12:16pm
They are all correct
- The elements and Principles of Design - melissa, Monday, August 1, 2011 at 5:03pm
9-D just took the test
- The elements and Principles of Design - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 5:49pm
they are ALL CORRECT! just finished the test and got a 100% thanks very much!!!
- The elements and Principles of Design - Jessica, Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 10:23am
These were all wrong and I just took the test the only correct ones were #2,3,14,18 I made a 25% Thanks A Lot
- Interior Decorator - chaimae, Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 12:23pm
please help me with this. the one u guys have was last years now they changed it soo if you took this this year plsss help me so i can pass please!!!!!
15. The total cost to decorate your clientís bedroom is over her budget. On which of these
items should you make the final cost cuts?
A. Bed C. Lamps
B. Carpeting D. Chest of drawers
16. In measuring and sketching a clientís room, which of these should you always be
sure to include?
A. Colors of the walls
B. Planned positions of new furnishings
C. Positions of electrical outlets and permanent fixtures
D. Positions of present furnishings
17. Your client has seen a very costly brass bed that sheís determined to have. It appears
to you to be a good item for her room and worth its price. Unfortunately, its cost
exceeds the entire amount planned for redecorating her bedroom. The living room is
to be redecorated, too. What should you do?
A. See what can be eliminated from the clientís budget to pay for the balance of the
bed. Then reassess the remaining budget for priorities.
B. Convince her to forget about the bed until some future time when she can afford it.
Stick to the original budget.
C. Get the bed for her. Postpone the rest of the bedroom and living room redecorating
until she can afford it.
D. Redecorate only the living room at this time. Redecorate the bedroom when she
can afford what she wants.
19. Assume that youíve decorated the room in the Examination Figure 1. Your clients
required that the room be both a nighttime room and a pleasant daytime retreat on
weekends? What one factor most makes the room meet that requirement?
A. The combination of casual and sophisticated furnishings
B. The plain style of the upholstered pieces
C. The combination of light and dark in the upholstery, floor, and wood
D. The window treatment, with draperies ready to be pulled at night
20. What type of window is shown in the kitchen in Examination Figure 2?
A. Arched C. Casement
B. Double-hung D. Sliding
- The elements and Principles of Design - minhoo, Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 7:56am
i just took the test and they are ALL CORECT! :D
- The elements and Principles of Design - lee, Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 7:58am
thankyouu so muchh! <3
- The elements and Principles of Design - john, Monday, May 6, 2013 at 1:48pm
i think thse is help full
- The elements and Principles of Design - Mariah, Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 11:22pm
JUST TOOK THIS TEST 9-30-14
Every single answer was correct 100% MAKE sure your text matches this one though!
- The elements and Principles of Design - dana, Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 4:48pm
15. C lamps, 16.B 17. A 19.D 20.B
- The elements and Principles of Design - rachek, Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 11:03am
They r al correct
Answer this Question
Sample of the Principles of Design - The priciples of design are the laws of ...
principles of design - i dont get the principles of design. what are pattern, ...
art - I need serious help! does anyone know a really helpful website tofind otu ...
11th grade visual art - first of all this is my first time so i dont know if i ...
elements n principles of design - what is the design concept of emphasis
design - In an effort to promote a better understanding of what design is and ...
Art Appreciation - How you feel the form of the sculptures expresses the content...
science - I am having trouble with Restate the problem in terms of the following...
Art - Describe how elements of art and principles of design work together to ...
Art - Describe how elements of art and principles of design work together to ...