Posted by Jessica on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 7:05pm.
Find the value of K so that the point P lies on the line L.
1. P(2,1), L: 3x + Ky = 8
2. P(2,2), L: Kx + (K + 1)y = 2
Help me i have no idea how to do this! :[
- Algebra 2 - Reiny, Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 7:28pm
in your given point, the first number is the x value, the second number is the y value.
So just substitute.
3(2) + k(1) = 8
6 + k = 8
k = 2
Do the second one the same way, let me know what you got.
- Algebra 2 - Jessica, Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 7:51pm
Is this right?
k(2) + 2 = -k(2) + 2
4k = 0
k = 0
- Algebra 2 - Reiny, Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 7:56pm
Your last two lines are correct, but how did you get your first line from the given equation
My line would have been
k(2) + (k+1)(2) = 2
2k + 2k + 2 = 2
leading to your last two lines.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - The equation of the line is 6y+5x=15 The point (-12,k) lies on the line. ...
- Algebra 1 - A line with the slope of -2 contains the point (-3,0). Which point ...
- Algebra - Find the value of c such that the point (4,2) lies in the graph of f(x...
- algebra - 4. Which of the following is true about a trend line for data? (1 ...
- Math - Hi Drawing a diagram will help: A ladder 5m long leans against a wall, ...
- Math - THE POINT (8,-3)LIES ON THE CURVE Y=3/(7-X) (a)IF Q IS THE POINT (x,3/(7-...
- Calculus - Damon - Find the line which passes through the point (0, 1/4) and is ...
- Math - Point (k,3) lies on the line whose equation is x-2y=-2. What is the value...
- College Algebra - The point (6, 2) lies on the line -x – 8y = -22. Determine if ...
- Algebra - The point (6,2) lies on the line -x-8y=-22. Determine if this point is...