Posted by kamleen on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 3:26pm.
i need help with operation with polynomial---------------------
1) (x^2 + x - 6) / (x - 2)=
2) 24b^4C^3 / 6b^2c=
3) (3p^2 + pq - 2q^2)/ (p + q)=
math - HENRY, Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 4:56pm
1. (X^2 + X - 6) / (X - 2).
Factor the trinomial:
(X + 3)(X - 2) / (X - 2) =
Cancel the (X - 2) factors:
X + 3.
2. 24b^4c^3 / 6b^2c = 4b^2c^2
3. (3p^2 + pq - 2q^2) / (p + 2)
Factor the trinomial using A*C Method:
A * C = 3 * -2 = -6,
3p^2 +3pq-2pq -2q^2
Group the 4 terms into factorable
3p(p + q) -2q(p + q),
Factor out (p + q):
(p + q) (3p - 2q) / (p + q),
CANCEL THE (P + q) factors:
3p - 2q.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college math - (24b^3+16b^2+24b+39)/(4b+4)
- MATH HELP - Select the polynomial that is a perfect square trinomial. 9x^2 + 9x...
- Algebra - how do you solve this problem? (24b^3+16b^2+24b+39)/(4b+4)
- ALGEBRA ONE - Select the polynomial that is a perfect square trinomial. 9x2 + ...
- history - What was the secret CIA operation to overthrow the Cuban Government ...
- math - Which of the following are binary operation.justify your answer. (i) the ...
- math - which of the following are binary operation.justify your answer. (i) the ...
- Math - The function f(x) = x^2 -2x + x^1/2 is: A. A polynomial because it is ...
- math - hi my name is hedi and i am in serious need with help with some math ...
- english 24 - Vague pronouns 24a. When the car hit a tree, it made a terrible ...