Posted by harmony on Monday, August 16, 2010 at 6:37pm.
I'm so lost with this stuff!
What is the P (A) if we know that the odds in favor of A occurring are 3 to 4? (See section 9.4)
Find the P (not A) in the situation presented in question 2 above.
The lottery payoff in a letter game at a church social is determined by the single letter the winner holds. There are four letters, A, B, C, and D. The probabilities that each will be drawn are 1243,,, and 10101010
, respectively. The payoffs are $2 for an A, $4 for a B, $8 for a C, and $10 for a D. Compute the expected value of the game. (see page 528)
If 3()5PA=, what are the odds in favor of A occurring?
- math - drwls, Monday, August 16, 2010 at 9:30pm
<<The probabilities that each will be drawn are 1243,,, and 10101010
You can't be serious. How are we supposed to make sense out of that?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- drawing - 21) The number of oil spills occurring off the Alaskan coast A) ...
- MATH - If P(A)=3/5 what are the odds in favor of A occurring?
- math - What is the P (A) if we know that the odds in favor of A occurring are 3 ...
- math - Find the probability which odds in favor are given in problem. Odds in ...
- math - the probability of an event is 7/10. Find the odds in favor of this event...
- Math - When a single card is drawn from an ordinary 52-card deck, find the odds ...
- probabilty - Given that P(A) =2/9, what are the odds in favor of A occurring?
- Math - I was wondering if someone could help me check my work on this problem ...
- Math - If the odds in favor of an event A are 3 to 1, what is the probability ...
- math - a teaher chooses a student at random from a class of 10 boys and 15 girls...