Posted by ant on Monday, August 16, 2010 at 5:04pm.
which of the statements below is true?
a) the stars in a galaxy are held together by gravity
b) Stars in a galaxy slowly rotate around a center
c) The Milky Way is the only galaxy in the universe
d)All of the above
just need to know if my answer is correct or wrong d
- science - Ms. Sue, Monday, August 16, 2010 at 5:14pm
Since c) is wrong, d) can't be right.
- science - ant, Monday, August 16, 2010 at 5:22pm
a ms sue
- science - Ms. Sue, Monday, August 16, 2010 at 5:29pm
- science - ant, Monday, August 16, 2010 at 5:35pm
- science - drwls, Monday, August 16, 2010 at 10:20pm
b is also true, for most stars anyway.
If they did not rotate about the center, they would all collapse there.
Some have already; that's why there is a black hole at the center.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A star of mass 2.0 1031 kg that is 4.8 1020 m from the center of a ...
- Physics - A star of mass 2.0 1028 kg that is 1.6 1020 m from the center of a ...
- science - does the stars in a galaxy slowly rotate around a center.
- Physics - Our Milky Way galaxy is very similar to our neighboring galaxy ...
- Astronomy - Given that the mass of the Milky Way galaxy is 10^11 times that of ...
- Cosmology - magine you look through a really strong telescope and see a rich ...
- space science - how long does it take for our solar system to rotate around the ...
- physics - The sun rotates around the center of the milky way galaxy at a ...
- Physics - The diameter of our disk-shaped galaxy, the Milky Way, is about 1.7E+5...
- Math/Physics - The Milky Way Galaxy is 100000 light years across. The Sun is ...