Posted by Flo on Monday, August 16, 2010 at 10:16am.
Candace Corporation has decided to introduce a new product that can be manufactured using
either a capital-intensive method or a labour-intensive method.
The predicted manufacturing costs for each method are as follows:
Direct materials per unit
Direct labour per unit
Variable manufacturing overhead per unit
Fixed manufacturing overhead per year
Candace’s market research department has recommended an introductory unit sales price of $30.
The incremental selling costs are predicted to be $500,000 per year plus $2 per unit sold.
1. Calculate the annual break-even point in units if Candace used the:
a. Capital-intensive manufacturing method
b. Labour-intensive manufacturing method
2. Determine the annual unit volume at which Candace would be indifferent between the
two manufacturing methods. (HINT: Candace would be indifferent between the two
methods at unit volume X where costs are equal. You need to solve for X.)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- culteral Diversity - In the agrarian subsistance technology, which preceded the ...
- international trade - the heckscher- ohlin model question is below.. can anyone ...
- economic - Show graphically and explain how a policy that increases the ...
- English 11 - Identify whether the underline pronoun is personal, intensive, or ...
- Grammar - Tell whether the underlined word in each sentence is reflexive or ...
- Chemistry - is 2 physical? what's 3? I didn't quite get that right. It should be...
- Statistics - Suppose it is observed that, on average, 35 people are admitted to...
- English - In this sentence People have been telling themselves the story of Snow...
- LA - pronouns - Which kind of pronouns are used in the following sentences? ...
- statitics - Intensive Care. The number X of people entering the intensive care ...