Posted by DERIKA on Friday, August 13, 2010 at 12:03am.
2 WAYS TO WRITE 167,895 IN STANDARD FORM
- 5th grade - GuruBlue, Friday, August 13, 2010 at 7:34am
Look at #7 at this site:
- 5th grade - Dr Russ, Friday, August 13, 2010 at 8:29am
As far as I am aware there is only one way to write out the number in standard form and that is
1.67895 x 10^5
The other possibility is E notation as
Some text books distinguish between various types of standard form and include a normalised standard form. So that a 'standard form' is represenatation in the form
a x 10^z
1.67895 x 10^5
16.7895 x 10^4
167.895 x 10^3
1678.95 x 10^2
1.6789.5 x 10^1
1.67895 x 10^0
are all possibilities
and 'normalised SF' is
a x 10^z where 1<=a<10
1.67895 x 10^5 is the only possibility.
I have never seen 'normalised SF' referred to in practice always 'standard form', and these days as 'scientific notation' is by far the most common.
- 5th grade - haily, Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 10:10pm
i am actually in 5th grade.... actually exponients are not that difficult normalised is actually simplified to the definition of 10000,00000.
- 5th grade - trent, Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 10:13pm
im in fifth grade to
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade math standard form scientific notation - In standard form: 5. 3.2 x 10...
- 5th GRADE - Write fourteen thousand and six tenths in standard form. I wrote: ...
- 5th grade math - Write twenty million,five hundred thousand in expaned notation ...
- 4th grade - write 31 hundred thousands in standard form and 23 ten thosands in ...
- 5th Grade Math - Seven and three hundred and seventeen thousands in standard ...
- algebra - How do you write 4.2 x 10 to the 5th power in standard form?
- 5th grade math - write the following expanded notation in standard form. 600+50...
- 11th grade algebra 2 - (1-7) write each function in vertex form (8-10) write ...
- 5th grade math - I am desperately trying to help my 5th grader figure out how ...
- Math 5th grade (decimals) - how do u write dcimals in expanded form