Posted by Teddy on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 10:16pm.
log(base 2)csc(x) = log(base 4)csc(4x^2)
I tried doing the log(base a)b = logb/loga but I can't get past that because I'm not sure what to do after that. How do I set it up so I get like cscx=? or something so I'm able to solve for multiple values of x?
the answer should be pi/3 and 5pi/3
algebra 2 - drwls, Thursday, August 12, 2010 at 6:26am
2^(cscx) = (2^2)^[csc(4x^2)]
This requires that
cscx = 2csc(4x^2)
I don't see an easy way to solve for x.
If x = pi/3
cscx = 1.1547
2 csc(4x^2) = -2.1112
I don't agree with the pi/3 answer.
Make sure the problem is correctly stated.
algebra 2 - Teddy, Thursday, August 12, 2010 at 7:34am
Well the original problem was the following but I worked it out to what I put here before:
log(base 2)cotx - 2log(base 4)csc2x = log(base 2)cosx
I switched the cosx and the csc2x and used properties of logs to get log(base 2)cscx, but maybe I'm wrong in doing that. is there a better way to work this out from the original above?
algebra 2 - eddie, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 8:39pm
whats the answer fro log base 5 x to the 10th power minus log base 5 x tothe 6th power is equal to 21?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - -Explain the difference between log base b (mn) and ( log base b of ...
- Advanced Functions/ Precalculus Log - 1. Evaluate 4^(log base4 64) + 10^(log100...
- math - Use the Laws of logarithms to rewrite the expression log(base 2)(11x(x-9...
- Precalc - 1. 1/3log base 8 of (x+1)=2log base 8 of 3-(2/3)log base 8 of (x+1) 2...
- Algebra - How can you find log base 3 of 242/5 using the given information ...
- math - i have 2 math questions i don't understand so if you could help me i ...
- precalc - Solve: round to the thousandths if necessary! 1) 4^3/4x+5 = 12 2) log(...
- Trig - log base b 64 - log base b 16 = log base 4 16 solve for the variable.. i ...
- check! - here is the question: log5(x-4)= log7x solve for x. These are just base...
- algebra - Find value of log (base 8)log (base 2) log (base 3)log (base 3) (27)^3...