Posted by subhradeep on Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 4:58am.
angle of elevation of the top of a mountain to a man is 45degree.if we walk along a slope of 30 degree of the mountain 100 meters then the angle of elevation of the top of mountain becomes 60 degree.find the height of the mountain.
math - Henry, Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 9:17pm
The line of sight of 45 deg angle is
drawn as the hyp. of a rt triangle.
The ht. of the mountain is the ver. side of the triangle. the hor. side
side = 100 + X. The line of sight of the 60 deg. angle represents the hyp.
of a 2nd triangle and the ht. of the
mountain is the ver. side of both triangles.
Tan(45) = h /(100+X),
h = (100 + X) * Tan(45),
Tan(60) = h / X,
h = x * Tan(60).
h = (100 + X) * Tan(45) = X * Tan(60),
Solve for X:
70.7 + 0.707X = 1.73X,
- 1.73X + 0.707X = - 70.7
X = 69 METERS.
h = 69 * TAN(60) = 119.5 Meters =
ht. of mountain.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - Say I'm at an unknown distance from a mountain, called point P, and I ...
- math - if someone could please help that would be muchly appreciated. A group of...
- trig confused.. pls help - A group of mountain climbers are using trigonometry ...
- trig - A survey team is trying to estimate the height of a mountain above a ...
- pre-cal - A survey team is trying to estimate the height of a mountain above a ...
- Trigonometry - At a point on a level ground, the angle of elevationof a mountain...
- math - A survey team is trying to estimate the height of a mountain above a ...
- angles - A survey team is trying to estimate the height of a mountain above a ...
- PreCal - Angel of Elevation: You are skiing down a mountain with a vertical ...
- Math - a surveyor is 3 miles from a mountain. The angle of elevation from the ...