Posted by Amy~ on Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 4:12pm.
In the Watergate Scandal, I know that 5 men broke into the Democratic National Committee headquarters and Nixon did not want to give up the tapes that revealed that he wanted to cover up the break in... why?
1) Did Nixon put up the tape recording system in his offices or was it someone else?
It said that someone was blackmailing him so he wanted to pay them to stop.
2) Also, the tapes showed that Nixon was part of the Scandal but how? Because the burglary team was being paid money?
I've read articles but I still don't get it.
- US History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 4:26pm
Apparently Nixon had the tape recording system installed. Nixon was part of the scandal because the tapes show he had known about the break-in and attempted to cover it up.
- US History - Amy~, Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 4:32pm
Would you know why he wanted to cover it up?
- US History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 4:35pm
He approved of the break-in, and the burglars were friends or supporters of his.
- US History - Amy~, Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 4:39pm
- US History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 4:43pm
- US History - Amy~, Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 5:54pm
Also the burglars broke into a Democrat office to...?
steal files or to install a tape recording system?
- US History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 6:03pm
They stole files.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - Why did the Watergate break-in occure? a. the Nixon White House wanted...
- history - can i please get some help with this: Why did the Watergate break-in ...
- more news - What is the Watergate scandal and why could this story not have ...
- HIS 135 - Interview someone who remembers the Watergate scandal and Nixon’s ...
- US History II - In that tape, Nixon agrees that administration officials should...
- History - Assignment: Write an essay about all of the information of Watergate...
- history - If you had been a voter at the time of Nixon's impeachment and ...
- ss - 1. what outcome did Richard Nixon have? 2. what is watergate scandal?
- History - The 1964 Civil Rights Act did all of the following except: a. ban ...
- American History - Check my answers please? I know this is long but this is what...