Posted by shahida on Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 9:30am.
the product of two positive numbers is 9 18/25 and one of them is three times the other. find the numbers.
- math - Henry, Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 1:34pm
X = 1st. number, 3X = 2Nd number.
3X*X = 9 18/25
3X^2 = 9 18/25 = 243/25
X^2 = 243/75 = 81/25
X = sqrt(81/25) = 9/5 = 1 4/5 = 1st number
3X = 3 * 9/5 = 27/5 = 5 2/5 = 2Nd
- math - Imran Ali, Friday, May 1, 2015 at 12:14am
let x and y are two possative numbers
xy = 9 18/25 = 243/25
x = 3y
x = ?
y = ?
xy = 243/25
3y.y = 243/25
3y2 = 243/25
divide 3 to both side
y2 = 81/25
square root to both side
y = 9/5
x = 3y
x = 3.9/5
x = 27/5
hence two positive number are 9/5 and 27/5
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math-word problems with quadratics - I have 5 questions... 1) The sum of two ...
- Algebra I - The sum of two numbers is 15. Three times one of the numbers is 11 ...
- Calculus - The product of 2 positive numbers is 48. find the value of the ...
- Reiny! Reiny! Reiny! Answer Check and HW Help! - Translate to a system of ...
- math - The sum of two positive numbers is 90. Find a function that models their ...
- math - The sum of two numbers is 25. Twelve less than four times one of the ...
- math - The greater of two numbers is 1 more than twice the smaller. Three times ...
- Math - Can someone please help me write this statement out in formula form. ...
- pre-calculus - THe sume of 2 positive numbers is 20. Find the two numbers such ...
- math - can someone help me on this question ive been stuck on it for almost an ...