Posted by Cody on Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 3:03pm.
Could someone please check my questions? There are only 10/30.
1.)What does the "Age of Enlightenment" refer to?
a)The Middle Ages
b)The philosophical atmosphere of the 18th century
=c)The reassertion of absolutism by the French monarch
d)The period in communist countries that follows the "dictatorship of the proletariat"
2.)_____ is closely related to _____. a)Absolutism, constitutional monarchy b)Revolution, figurehead
3.)In Australia, the chief executive is a member of the legislature and is chosen by the majority party in Parliament; Australia is therefore _____.
a) a presidential democracy
b) a prime minister
=c)a parliamentary democracy
4.)According to the Declaration of Independence, the power of the government is based on _____.
=b)the consent of the governed
c)might makes right
5.)Why was the Bill of Rights added to the Constitution?
a)To weaken the Constitution's chances of being approved
b)To decrease the power of excessively powerful State governors
=c)To guarantee that the national government would not violate the rights of the people
d)Because it was the only way to convince Alexander Hamilton to support a powerful federal government
=a)was the last State to allow its citizens to vote directly to approve its State constitution
b)has the oldest written Constitution in world that still in effect
c)did not attend the 1787 Constitutional Convention
d)was not represented by any leaders of national prominence
7.)General George Washington _____.
a)thought the Articles of Confederation were perfect
b)opposed the ratification of the Constitution
=c)was a leader of the movement to create a stronger central government d)supported strengthening the powers of the State legislatures
8.)The President's power to veto congressional legislation and the requirement that Congress confirm the President's nominees to the Supreme Court are both examples of what?
a)Checks and balances
9.)The American Revolution _____.
a)undermined support for property qualifications for voting
b)ended property qualifications for voting
=c)helped make property qualifications for voting more stringent
d)caused fewer people to have a "stake" in society
10.)The Civil War was fought _____.
=a)over the Bill of Rights
b)over property qualifications for voting
c)to keep the United States one country
d)to ensure universal suffrage
History - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 3:19pm
I find that seven are your answers are correct, but not 1, 8, and 10.
History - Anonymous, Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 8:54am
Why was the Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution? To weaken the Constitution's chances of being approved To decrease the power of excessively powerful State governors
To guarantee that the national government would not violate the rights of the people Because it was the only way to convince Alexander Hamilton to support a powerful federal government
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Government/Economics Check - Out of 48 questions I struggled with these. Could ...
- History - What made the British model of limited monarchy with substantial ...
- English - Could you please check the following questions? Which of the first two...
- English - Can you please check if the following questions I need to prepare for ...
- social studies - The historical period of intellectual and artistic creativity ...
- business - Your budjet allows you to purchase only one math software package for...
- 10th grade World History - How did the ideas of Enlightenment led to changes in ...
- World History - Please check my answer, and if you have any suggestions on how I...
- last 4 art questions - 1. Connoisseurship was a process in 19th century ...
- History - Describe daily life and consumption in 18th century Europe during the ...