Posted by joy on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 9:09pm.
Orly's age is 4 years more than thrice Perla's age. Four years ago, Orly was four times as old as Perla was then. How old is each now?
math - Reiny, Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 9:18pm
Perla --- x
Orly ---- 3x+4
four yrs ago
perla -- x-4
orly ---- 3x+4 - 4 or 3x
"Four years ago, Orly was four times as old as Perla was then"
---> 3x = 4(x-4)
3x = 4x - 16
x = 16
So Perla is 16 and Orla is 52
now: Perla = 16, Orla = 52
4 yrs ago : Perla = 12, Orla = 48
Is 48 four times 12 ? YEA
math - joy, Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 9:54pm
Reiny i have some question if Perla is x=16 how about the solution for Orly
math - Reiny, Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 10:29pm
As I stated above, Orla is 52
I had defined his age as 3x+4, and 2(16)+4 = 52
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A. John is now 10 years older than Marcus. Three times John's age 5 years...
- math - A. A woman was 30 years old when her daughter was born.Her age is now 6 ...
- math - A. Brad is 12 years older than Sam . If Brad were 8 years older than he ...
- Math - Four years ago did was 14yrs old. Her brother was thrice her age. What ...
- math - what are the equation for Orly and Perla
- algebra - The combined age of a father and his two sons is 50 years. Four years ...
- math - 1. Lisa is 15 years old and her father is 40. How many years ago was the ...
- math age problem - I am 10 less than four times my age six years ago how old am ...
- math - How old are they? I found this question online. Please help me understand...
- math age problem - four years agoslyvia was two thirds as old as alex was then. ...