Posted by Ramesh Reddy on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 1:36pm.
please give the meaning of Pitched for and give one example sentence. I did not find the meaning in the dictionary.
english - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 1:47pm
Are we referring to baseball? He pitched for the Dodgers (for example)?
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 1:49pm
The phrase "pitched for" could have different meanings. The primary one that occurs to me is a baseball term. Don Drysdale pitched for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Scroll down to see other meanings.
english - GuruBlue, Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 1:50pm
Pitched has several meanings:
1) it can mean to throw a ball or some other object. Example: I pitched the trash into the can. He pitched for a professional baseball team.
2) it can mean a sales speech. He made a sales pitch to the manager of the company. He pitched for better medical insurance.
3) it can mean to put something into place. I pitched a tent in the back yard.
I hope this helps.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English-please help - In 1886, the Statue of Liberty was dedicated. What is the ...
- Statistic HELPPPPPP - A linear model can be used to describe the relationship ...
- MEANING - What is the meaning for vagaries.also give me a sentence for it.
- English - (please help) I need help with my English assignment ASAP. I need to ...
- English - Hello. Please help me with the verb "purpose". Is it possible to use ...
- English - what means chagrin. give an example sentence of meaning word chagrin.
- English - During the afternoon, my cats are content to nap on the couch.What is ...
- English - 1. The Difficult in Meaning 2. The Difficulty in Meaning 3. When to ...
- English - I have to write a paper on the Scarlet Letter and it says I have to ...
- English - If you could give me a hand, that would be great. (What is the meaning...