How many clauses do you see here? What kind of clauses are they?
I see 2 clauses a dependent clause" Unless my girlfriend postpones her visit from Calgary" Indepentdent clause " I will not have time to study for my exam
Right! What kind of sentence has one independent and one dependent clause?
I completed the others but can you please tell me if they are correct or which ones I need to look back over. Thanks
1. I do not own a Porsche. - Simple
2. Call your father as soon as you arrive in Antigonish- Complex
3. I ate the sushi and left the restaurant.- Compound
4. Susanne wanted to be here, but she cannot come because her care is in the shop.- Compound
5.The football game was cancelled because it was raining.- comples
6. The football game was cancelled because of the rain.- complex
When the train arrives, and if Ms. Langlois is on it, she will be served with a subpoena.- Compound- complex
1 and 2 -- Correct
3. Incorrect. There's only one subject in this sentence.
4. Incorrect. It has a dependent clause.
6. Incorrect. It has only one verb.
7. Incorrect. It has only one independent clause.
Some of these are deliberately tricky!
All are correct now -- except # 4.