How many clauses do you see here? What kind of clauses are they?
I see 2 clauses a dependent clause" Unless my girlfriend postpones her visit from Calgary" Indepentdent clause " I will not have time to study for my exam
Right! What kind of sentence has one independent and one dependent clause?
I completed the others but can you please tell me if they are correct or which ones I need to look back over. Thanks
1. I do not own a Porsche. - Simple
2. Call your father as soon as you arrive in Antigonish- Complex
3. I ate the sushi and left the restaurant.- Compound
4. Susanne wanted to be here, but she cannot come because her care is in the shop.- Compound
5.The football game was cancelled because it was raining.- comples
6. The football game was cancelled because of the rain.- complex
When the train arrives, and if Ms. Langlois is on it, she will be served with a subpoena.- Compound- complex
1 and 2 -- Correct
3. Incorrect. There's only one subject in this sentence.
4. Incorrect. It has a dependent clause.
6. Incorrect. It has only one verb.
7. Incorrect. It has only one independent clause.
Some of these are deliberately tricky!
All are correct now -- except # 4.
Answer this Question
English-Grammar - Although he was born in Scotland, he became a hero of the ...
English - Would the sentence below be: SIMPLE, COMPLEX, COMPOUND, or COMPOUND ...
English - I was not surprised when I learned that. Identify the sentence... ...
English - After all, I have always been a night owl, and I prefer moonlight to ...
English - My name, Cynthia, is from a Greek word for moon. Identify the term the...
English Help!!! Correcting Grammer - Choose the word in the following sentences...
English - A sentence that consists of two or more main clauses and no ...
English - Choose the term that describes the type of sentence shown. If you are ...
English-Grammar - After the war, American shipping became vulnerable to attacks ...
English-Grammar - John Paul Jones moved to America to avoid a trial that ...