How many clauses do you see here? What kind of clauses are they?
I see 2 clauses a dependent clause" Unless my girlfriend postpones her visit from Calgary" Indepentdent clause " I will not have time to study for my exam
Right! What kind of sentence has one independent and one dependent clause?
I completed the others but can you please tell me if they are correct or which ones I need to look back over. Thanks
1. I do not own a Porsche. - Simple
2. Call your father as soon as you arrive in Antigonish- Complex
3. I ate the sushi and left the restaurant.- Compound
4. Susanne wanted to be here, but she cannot come because her care is in the shop.- Compound
5.The football game was cancelled because it was raining.- comples
6. The football game was cancelled because of the rain.- complex
When the train arrives, and if Ms. Langlois is on it, she will be served with a subpoena.- Compound- complex
1 and 2 -- Correct
3. Incorrect. There's only one subject in this sentence.
4. Incorrect. It has a dependent clause.
6. Incorrect. It has only one verb.
7. Incorrect. It has only one independent clause.
Some of these are deliberately tricky!
All are correct now -- except # 4.
english - How do you diagram this sentence: Driving to the mall, Ann stopped on ...
English - What is the difference between 'female friend' and 'girlfriend'? Does...
English - What is the subject of this sentence? Will we visit any of them? Is it...
English - 1. I am looking forward to my next visit there. 2. I am expecting my ...
english HS - I'm writing a story and I have very mean character and this ...
English - 1. The President is to visit China next month. 2. The President is ...
Foreign languages - I left out these sentences. Can you please check them? 1) ...
English - Posted by English on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 9:35pm. The dentist's ...
English - I urgently need you check these statements. Thank you very much. 1) ...
rfvv - The dentist's is very busy, so we have to book the visit beforehand. You ...