Posted by trudy on Monday, July 26, 2010 at 1:55pm.
I really need help i am so stuck i can not figure this out we are trying to find the slopes here is an example of what i am doing
i get everything all theway till a certain point
the answer is 2/5x+53/5 but i dont know how they came up with 53 that is where I am getting stuckwhat are they doing to come up with that
- math116 - Henry, Monday, July 26, 2010 at 6:10pm
Trudy, based on the answer you gave;
you want to find the Eq of a line that
passes through the given point with a
slope = to the given Eq.
Given: (-4 , 9) ,2X = 5Y + 6.
2X - 5Y = 6, Slope = -A / B = -2 /-5
2 / 5
Y = mX + B
Plug in the gtven point to find b:
9 = 2 / 5(-4) + b
solve for b:
b = 9 + 8 / 5, 9 = 45 / 5, therefore
b = 45 / 5 + 8 / 5 = 53 / 5.
Eq: Y = 2/5X + 53 / 5
- math116 - trudy, Monday, July 26, 2010 at 7:32pm
how did you come up with b=9+8/5,9=45/5
you lost me there help i have five to do like this and i really am trying to under stand it
- math116 - Henry, Monday, July 26, 2010 at 10:57pm
9 = 2/5 (-4) + b
9 = -8/5 + b
add 8/5 to each side of Eq
8/5 + 9 = 8/5 - 8/5 + b
8/5 +9 = b
To add 8/5 and 9 , they should have
a common denominator which is 5.
8/5 +45/5 = b
53/5 = b, or b = 53/5
Trudy, you are having problems
with solving basic Eq and fractions.
Answer this Question
- math116 algrabra - I really need help i am so stuck i can not figure this out we...
- 7th grade math - I hope this makes sense, but my teacher said he wants all ...
- calc - limits - I have been trying to figure out these limit problems and I get ...
- AP Physic - Hi there I am having so much problems trying to solve this physic ...
- physics - Okay, I have an example problem that I'm trying to solve that comes ...
- Algebra-I really need help, please? - I have to solve sqrt(2x-7) >=5 answers ...
- Algebra - I am having such a hard time in this class. Hopefully someone here can...
- Chemistry - Hi, This may sound like a dumb question but I am stuck. I have ...
- Help with essay topic? - Hi, I'm trying to figure out a good topic regarding ...
- Algebra - I am trying to figure out how to evaluate 100^-3/2. I'm going by the ...