Posted by Anonymous on Monday, July 26, 2010 at 12:00pm.
What is the correct comma placement for this sentence?
The plump old white cat basked in the warm sunlight.
a)plump, old, white cat
b)plump, old white cat
English - Writeacher, Monday, July 26, 2010 at 12:02pm
Read #5 -- then let us know what you think.
English - Anonymous, Monday, July 26, 2010 at 12:16pm
The plump, old white cat
English - Writeacher, Monday, July 26, 2010 at 12:25pm
You need two commas.
Another way to tell is by putting the adjectives in a different order. If you can rearrange the adjectives and it still makes sense, then use commas.
"That tall, distinguished, good looking fellow" = That distinguished, good looking, tall fellow ...
If you cannot rearrange them and still have it sound OK, then don't use commas -- e.g., "three little old ladies..." (You can't say "old little three ladies" and have it be smooth English!!)
English - Anonymous, Monday, July 26, 2010 at 12:35pm
Thank you very much!
English - Writeacher, Monday, July 26, 2010 at 1:52pm
You're very welcome! =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Choose the correct comma placemnent for the sentence below> a. ...
- science - In cat, the gene for black coat is dominant to the gene for white coat...
- biology - In cat, the gene for black coat is dominant to the gene for white coat...
- math - In four years Cathy¡¯s cat Byte will be three fourths as old as Cathy ...
- English grammar - 1. The cat did excrement, so it was hard to keep the cat. 2. ...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you. 1) The animal becomes ...
- physics - A 20 N cat is sitting on a branch 5 meters high. What is the PEg of ...
- handling and restraint-animals - I need help on this 1 question i have my answer...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much for your help...
- English - 1.) We hung makeshift curtains in our room using (1point) A. Bed ...