Posted by Annonymous on Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 6:26pm.
Please help me with my homework! OK, so there is this girl conducting an experiment to see whether a solution (juice) will take longer to freeze than a substance )pure water).She predicts that water will take less to freeze. So there is this article that goes on and on to list the steps that she took. I have to answer these question. PLEASE help me. I put the answers that I put into my homework below each question. Please tell me if my answer is incorrect, and if so, how could I fix it. Thanks in advance!
1. What is her hyothesis?
A solution will take longet to freeze than water.
I MOSTLY NEED HELP ON THIS QUESTION!
2. What are the variables in the experiment?
Independent Variable- Juice/water.
Dependent variable- Ammount of time that it takes to freeze.
3. What variable is controlled?
Ammount of juice/water put in cups.
Science - bobpursley, Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 6:45pm
you have it, I would also list as a control the same freezer at the same time.
Science - DrBob222, Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 6:49pm
Without the material (experiment) you are following I can't help; however, here is a site that explains dependent and independent variables.
independent versus dependent variable
Science - DrBob222, Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 6:50pm
The link didn't come out. Here's another try.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science --- grams??? - hey, me again... can u please inform me of the following...
- algebra - a radiator contains 25 quarts of a freeze water and anti freeze ...
- Chemistry - Compounds like CCL2F2 are known as chloroflourocarbons, or CFCs. ...
- chemistry - Does anyone know what advantage there is to using hot water to make ...
- Chemistry - At –11.0 °C (a common temperature for household freezers), what is ...
- Chemistry - calories to freeze 35g of water calories to freeze 250g of water ...
- science - Three equal-sized pans containing distilled (pure water),ocean water (...
- science - Why do u think the vial of water in plain ice didn't freeze, bu the ...
- chemisry - Why does luis place 3 cups of water without any solute in the freezer...
- Chemistry - At –10.00 °C (a common temperature for household freezers), what is ...