Posted by Varney on Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 11:45am.
Please prepare the homework problems in the form of a Word and/or Excel file. Try to use one file to submit your answers, if possible, and include the questions with your answers. You must show your calculations.
1. Your nursing home defines output as a patient day. Its present volume is 26,000 patient days. The average cost per day is $90.00. Present revenues and costs are presented below:
Charge Patients (6,000 Patient Days) $750,000
Fixed-Price Patients (20,000 Patient Days) $1,800,000
Total Net Revenues $2,550,000
Fixed Costs $1,170,000
Variable Costs ($45/PD) $1,170,000
Total ($90/PD) $2,340,000
Net Income $210,000
Using this information, answer the following two questions:
a. What is the break-even in patient days for this nursing home, assuming no profit is required?
b. If volume goes up 10% to 28,600 patient days, and payer mix is unchanged, what will net income be?
- Excel - Writeacher, Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 12:14pm
What kind of HELP do you need? You need to be specific when asking questions here.
If all you do is post your entire assignment, nothing will happen since no one here will do your work for you. But if you are specific about what you don't understand about the assignment or exactly what help you need, someone might be able to assist you.
- Excel - David, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 11:55am
What is the formula to figure out these two problems?
- Accounting - Eric, Sunday, May 5, 2013 at 8:08pm
I am trying to figure out which formula to use for this problem. For this one: (1-CO)F + NI /
= (CHxP1) +(FPxPE)-(1-CO)
my answer 66164 doesn't make sense.
FixedCost/Price per case-Variablecost, my anser of $26,000 doesnt make sense either bcs that is the original # pt days Can you offer any advice?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- accounting - Assignment Please prepare the homework problems in the form of a ...
- college - Research the Bacardi website. Using your research findings from the ...
- global strategic management - Research Chevron Using your research findings from...
- Global Strategic Management - Research the Abercrombie and Fitch website. Using ...
- Business - Research the Goldman Sachs website. Using your research findings from...
- Business/ Strategic Management - If you dont mind if you could give me TWO ...
- econ 2110 - Suppose that we want to test whether the mean selling price of ...
- Strategic Management - Using the Bacardi website, develop both EFAS and IFAS ...
- excel - You have been tasked with analyzing an extremely large amount of data ...
- statistic - 1. Compute descriptive statistics for liberal art colleges and ...