Posted by klarmaesen on Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 9:16am.
Can anyone find me the real title of this poem by Rabindranath Tagore?
"Thou tanglest my heart in a hundred nooses of love,
What is this thy play?
It is but a little feeble life--
Why so many bonds to bind it?
At every turn and every moment
Thou winnest my love with thy wiles, but has none to give, thou stealer of hearts!
I wander about in search of thy heart.
O cruel nature;"....
That is the first stanza. In our book, it says that the title of the poem is "To Nature" but I think its wrong coz I can't find it in the net....
Please help! Thanks!
literature - GuruBlue, Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 9:18am
To Nature is the title... to find it on the web, I put the first line into search.
literature - Writeacher, Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 9:19am
literature - klarmaesen, Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 9:36am
Is there any analysis about this poem? What's the poem all about?
literature - Writeacher, Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 9:51am
Have you read it?
Analysis needs to come from YOU -- what YOU THINK as you read it. If you're unsure how to read a poem and get meaning out of it, follow the steps here:
(Don't worry about the explication part of it until/unless you are instructed to write an explication.)
literature - MarkoChinito, Monday, June 23, 2014 at 9:41pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- poetry - I have to choose a poem to analyze and it has to be classroom ...
- Language Arts - Poor restless dove, I pity thee; And when I hear thy plaintive ...
- English - I need help paraphrasing this poem? If thou wilt mighty be, flee from ...
- poetry - Hi, I am analyzing a poem which is Sick Rose by William Blake. O Rose ...
- english - That time of year thou mayst in me behold When yellow leaves, or none...
- English. - O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse ...
- English - What is the rhyme scheme, meter, and stanza form for the poem "The ...
- English (Romeo and Juliet) - Where juliet says: "O romeo, romeo!Wherefore art ...
- poem - Is this poem good or bad? What is love? It's a special feeling Deep ...
- English - Caesura and Enjambment - O Rose thou art sick the invisible worm. that...