Posted by Gerard on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 6:55pm.
1.On a test the mean is 75 and the standard deviation is 5.
A. What is the probability that a randomly selected score is higher than 80?
B. What percentage of the students scored higher than 80?
C. What percentage of the scores were less than 68?
D. What score separates the top 20% from the rest?
E. What score separates the bottom 15% from the rest?
F. If a set of 32 students are selected, what is the probability that the sample mean is less than 77?
statistics - PsyDAG, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 7:03pm
A, B, C. Z = (score-mean)/SD
Find table in the back of your statistics text labeled something like "areas under normal distribution" to find the proportion related to the Z scores you've found.
D, E. Reverse process from the same table. Use the % to find the Z score, then insert into the formula to find the score.
F. For Distribution of means, Z = (score-mean)/SEm (Standard Error of the mean)
SEm = SD/√(n-1)
Use same table.
statistics - Reiny, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 7:04pm
Here is a great normal distribution calculator
You can enter the data either directly or as z-scores.
statistics - Gerard, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 7:05pm
statistics - Anonymous, Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 9:47pm
population scores with a mean (u) of 200 and a standard deviation (Q) of 10 wiht a normal distribution what score would cut off 5 percent os scores
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Statistics - Sampling Distribution Help - The composite scores of students on...
- AP Statistics - sampling distribution help - The composite scores of students on...
- AP - The composite scores of students on the ACT college entrance examination in...
- statistics probability - Alice earned a score of 940 on an IQ test.The mean test...
- statistic - If a test has a mean score of 75, with a standard deviation of 11, ...
- statistics - if a test has a mean of 75, with a standard deviation of 11, what...
- Statistics - A group of 56 randomly selected students have a mean score of 30.8 ...
- math - . Ms. Alison drew a box-and-whisker plot to represent her students’ ...
- Statistics - Students were given an exam with 300 multiple-choice questions. The...
- CRJ303-Statistics question - Re-worded from the "Study Questions" part of ...