Posted by Drew on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 3:40pm.
It is difficult to type these but I'll do my best. This is the first question and I just don't get it. My professor is out of the country so any help would be appreciated.
Give the IUPAC name for each of the following alkanes:
b. CH3 CH3
c. CH3 CH3
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 3:50pm
It is difficult to handle spacing on the board; it ignores any spaces after the first one. Try drawing condensed structures for these.
For example, propane is
CH3CH2CH3 and 2-methyl propane would be
In general, find the longest chain that includes the most triple/double bonds and name that as the base, then add the groups to that base name.
- Chemistry - Dhananjaya sahani, Friday, October 7, 2016 at 10:12pm
Ans b-hecsane ans c-octane
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - I've been asked to find the IUPAC name for polyvinyl acetate. when i...
- organic chem - Draw and give IUPAC name the products of dehydration of 2-ethyl ...
- Organic Chemistry - Hi, I'm trying to fix an incorrect IUPAC name of a molecule...
- Chemistry - IGNORE MY FIRST POST. I CORRECTED THIS ONE Write IUPAC name of the ...
- Music - My music teacher was saying that if any1 can answer this question then ...
- bobprsly - I do apologize but I looked in the past post and i don't remember ...
- Chemistry - Write IUPAC name of the following alkanes: 1. (CH3)3-C-CH2-CH2-CH3 ...
- trig - Hi I need to solve this question for x, where 0<x<2pi. The question...
- science - Who received the Nobel prize for figuring out the biochemical pathway ...
- Chemistry - I have this awful problem due tomorrow; if anyone can help it would ...