Posted by Drew on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 3:40pm.
It is difficult to type these but I'll do my best. This is the first question and I just don't get it. My professor is out of the country so any help would be appreciated.
Give the IUPAC name for each of the following alkanes:
b. CH3 CH3
c. CH3 CH3
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 3:50pm
It is difficult to handle spacing on the board; it ignores any spaces after the first one. Try drawing condensed structures for these.
For example, propane is
CH3CH2CH3 and 2-methyl propane would be
In general, find the longest chain that includes the most triple/double bonds and name that as the base, then add the groups to that base name.
- Chemistry - Dhananjaya sahani, Friday, October 7, 2016 at 10:12pm
Ans b-hecsane ans c-octane
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - I know this is a difficult question, and its an answer that is not ...
- social studies help (1 question) - Farmers in the north face which problem that ...
- Reiny - Solve: -x^4 + 200 = 102x^2 I know the last line was wrong I just took a ...
- *****Help Statistic - Imagine taking a 10-question true or false exam. You ...
- Science - What is the average summer temperature in the desert biome? Select one...
- bobprsly - I do apologize but I looked in the past post and i don't remember ...
- statistics - . A professor is interested in knowing the correlation, if any, of ...
- English - In 2003, Governor Robert L. Ehrlich wisely lifted the moratorium. His ...
- Eth 125 - Could somone check my grammar for me. I am not the best and could use ...
- science - I was just wondering! I posted a question for you all at 12:01 today. ...