Posted by Matt on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 2:04pm.
A sample of sodium-24 with an activity of 12 mCi is used to study the rate of blow flow in the circulatory system. If sodium -24 has a half-life of 15 hours, what is the activity of the sodium after 2.5 d ?
Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 2:44pm
You can do this two ways.
No/N = 2n
12/N = 22.5*24/15
12/N = 16
N = 12/16 = 0.75 mCi after 2.5 days.
Calculate k from 0.69315/15 = 0.04621 and substitute into the following:
ln(No/N) = kt
No = 12
N = ??
k = from above.
t = 2.5 days in hours is 2.5 x 24 = 60
ln(12/N) = 0.69315/60
Solve for N = 0.75 mCi.
Chemistry - Anonymous, Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 2:44pm
1.0 mCi is the freakin answer.
Chemistry - Endium, Friday, August 7, 2015 at 11:17am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - a sample of sodium-24 with an activity of 12 mCi is used to study ...
- math - The radioactive isotope sodium-24 is used as a tracer to measure the rate...
- chem - A typical dose of a radioactive sample is 27.0 mCi. How long does it take...
- chemistry - 2.The data in the table show the amount of a 500 g sample of sodium-...
- chemistry - The data in the table show the amount of a 500 g sample of sodium-24...
- Chemistry - A 208 g sample of sodium-24 decays to 13.0 g of sodium-24 within 60....
- MATH - solving exponential equations - The half-life of sodium-24 is 14.9 hours...
- Chemistry - What is the half-life of sodium-24? Explain how you determined your ...
- Physics - University students, studying the activity of a particular radioactive...
- organic chemistry - How would using sodium fluoroacetate instead of sodium ...