Posted by upbeat on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:45pm.
solve using the substitution method
The solution is (___,___)
substitution method - Henry, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 2:35pm
1.8X + 6Y = 8
2. -9X + Y = 22
Using Eq. 2, solve for y.
Y = 9X + 22
Substitute 9X + 22 for y in Eq 1:
8X +6(9X + 22) = 8.
Solve for X:
8X + 54X + 132 = 8
X = -2.
In Eq. 2,substitute -2 for X and
solve for Y:
-9(-2) + Y = 22, Y = 4
Solution: X = -2, and Y = 4.
substitution method - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 3:02pm
thank you Henry!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- substitution method - solve using the substitution method 6x+2y=-14 -5x+y=25 The...
- substitution method - solve using the substitution method 8x -9y= -95 5x+64=y ...
- substitution method - solve by the substitution method 2m+n=9 m-6n=50 the ...
- Algebra 1 - bobpursey, In this problem you helped me with earlier: Solve using ...
- Linear Equations - Can you please help solve this equation using the ...
- Algebra 116 - 1. The perimeter of a rectangle is 126 m. The length is 6 m more ...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- Elimination Method Help - solve by the elimination method 5x+5y= -7 7x-3y=19 The...
- substitution method - Solve by substitution method please help me solve this. I ...
- calculus - Leave any unneeded answer spaces blank. [Hint: use synthetic division...