Posted by upbeat on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 11:39am.
solve by the elimination method
The solution is (___,___)
Please help I am lost on how to work and complete this one.
- Elimination Method Help - drwls, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 11:58am
Manipulate the equations so you can eliminate one variable.
One way would be to multiply the first equation by 3, and the second equation by 5. Always do this for BOTH SIDES of the equations.
15x + 15y = -21
35x - 15y = 95
Now add them and the y term is eliminated.
50x = 74
x = 37/25
Use any of the equations with x and y to solve for y. It looks like a rather messy fractional answer.
Check my work; I'm sloppy
- Elimination Method Help - upbeat, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:54pm
I see where and how you can up with 50x=74 but where did the x=37/25 come from that confuses me.
Thank you for your help
- Elimination Method Help - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 1:00pm
50x = 74
Divide both sides of the equation by 50.
x = 74/50 = 37/25
- Elimination Method Help - carlo, Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 6:29am
Answer this Question
- Math Elimination method - Use the elimination method to solve x+8y= 47 -x + 4y= ...
- Math Algebra - Please help Solve by the elimination method x+7y=54 -x + 6y=37 ...
- math elimination method - elimination method really confuses me. solve by ...
- Algebra - Solving system of linear equations by using the apropiate method name ...
- algebra - solve by elimination method what is the solution of the system? 0.3x-0...
- Algebra/Elimination method - Solve using the elimination method. If the system ...
- Algebra 116 - 1. The perimeter of a rectangle is 126 m. The length is 6 m more ...
- Algebra - Solve by elimination method. 7r-3s=14 3r+7s=64 Could never figure out ...
- math - Please solve the system with the elimination method. Explain each step as...
- algebra - solve by the elimination method x+4y=17 -x+6y=3 What is the solution ...