Posted by Joe on Monday, July 19, 2010 at 9:23pm.
Please help me factor this by grouping. I am stuck.
- algebra - Quidditch, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:03pm
7x^3 - 35x^2 - 6x + 30
Factor 7x^2 from the first two terms and -6 from the last two terms.
- algebra - Joe, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:22pm
Thank you.. SO would it be
- algebra - Jen, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:52pm
- algebra - Quidditch, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:52pm
Well, let's try your answer:
= x^2 - 25. So, that doesn't work.
Doing the factoring I mentioned previously gives:
7x^2(x - 5) - 6(x - 5)
Now there are two terms. The terms have a common factor of (x-5). Using our friendly distributive law we can write:
- algebra - sally, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:59pm
Thank you so so much for your help.
- algebra - Quidditch, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:12pm
Your very welcome!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - factor the expression 4xsquared+35x+24 my answer: (4x+3)(x-8) 4x2 +35x...
- Math - I am down to 5 out of 49 problems that I can't figure out. Help is very ...
- math,correction - Can someone correct these for me plz... Problem#6 Factor. x(x-...
- Math - Could someone please explain this problem to me. I need to factor and ...
- Algebra - Andrew factored the expression 28x^3-42x^2+35x as 7x(4x^2+6x-5). But ...
- FACTORING - I can't figure out how to factor this. I know you use the technique ...
- Algebra - factor by grouping: 3X^2 + 7X -6 ? Please walk me through this
- math,help,factoring - i need help i don't know how to do the next step. factor ...
- Algebra - Rewrite the middle term as the sum of two terms and then factor ...
- Math - Factor the polynomial X^3 + 7x^2 +15x + 9 I tried factoring by grouping. ...