Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 10:03pm.
how to know exact t value using sample standard deviation and sample mean and sample size
i think df is sample size -1 .
we usually use approx value but to use exact value how to use t score table.
and how we conclude whether it is two tailed test or one tailed test .
(i f the problem asks for exact increase or decrease ,is it one tailed test ,i guess so ,)
please clarify my doubts
- statistics t test - PsyDAG, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 8:44am
Yes, df = n-1
For two-tailed test:
Ho: mean = X
Ha: mean ≠ X
For one-tailed test:
Ho: mean < or = X
Ha: mean > X
Ho: mean > or = X
Ha: mean < X
Ho = null hypothesis
Ha = alternative hypothesis
- statistics t test - Anonymous, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 1:03pm
how do we know it is one tailed test or two tailed test?
- statistics t test - PsyDAG, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 1:23pm
What are your hypotheses? That determines difference between one-tailed and two-tailed (see my previous post).
- statistics t test immediate help needed - Anonymous, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 5:35pm
the average weekly earnings of a production worker were $424. to know if wages, on average, have gone up since that time. To test this, you sample 64 production workers, and determine that their average salary is $432.69, with a sample standard deviation of $33.90. Use a 0.05 level of significance .carry out test .
is it t test or z test ? how would we know
in this case one tailed or two tailed how can we know?
- statistics t test - rosie, Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 10:54pm
If a population proportion is 0.29 and if the sample size is 120, 25% of the time the sample proportion will be less than what value if you are taking random samples?
Round your answer to 2 decimal places, the tolerance is +/-0.01.
Answer this Question
- t test - how to know exact t value using sample standard deviation and sample ...
- statistics - 1. A random sample of size 49 is taken from a large population, ...
- Statistics - Kind attention Psydag: A random sample of size 20 from a normal ...
- Statistics - An IQ test is designed so that the mean is 100 and the standard ...
- statistics - what are the mean and standard deviation of a sampling distribution...
- statistics - Given a sample size of 38, with sample mean 660.3 and sample ...
- statistics - An IQ is designed so that the mean is 100 and the standard ...
- statistics - A random sample of size 49 is taken from a large population, ...
- Statistics - A normal population has an expected value of 60 and a variance of ...
- statistics - historically, the average customer spends $8.53 for all TGP ...