Posted by kiMBERLY on Monday, July 12, 2010 at 10:46pm.
Explain the difference between solving a system of equations by the algebraic method and the graphical method. Someone also wants to know why there are different methods for solving the same problem-what would you tell him?
- algebra - Henry, Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 11:16pm
If you were going to solve 2 linear equations graphically, you would graph each equation, and the point where they intersect would be the solution.
One advantage is that you can see what
the curves look like. One disadvantage
is that graphing is not as accurate as
an algebraic solution. When graphing,
a point might fall between lines and
you will have to estimate thelocation.
Elimanation and substitution are the
two methods normally used for solving
a system of 2 equations. One method is
not always better than the other,It
depends on the user and the complexity
of rhe equations. I decide which me-
thod to use after inspecting the
equations. So you should know how to
use both methods.
- algebra - alex, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 5:22pm
can someone pls show me how to work this
can someone show me how to work these please asap today thanks
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - How would you explain to a 6th grader the difference between solving a...
- Algebra - Is there a difference between solving a system of equations by the ...
- Math - Is there a difference between solving a system of equations by the ...
- algebra - Systems of equations can be solved by graphing or by using ...
- Business Algebra - Produce an example of a system of equations to your fellow ...
- Algebra - Solving system of linear equations by using the apropiate method name ...
- algebra - "Systems of equations can be solved by graphing or by using ...
- Algebra - Explain the difference between solving a linear equation graphically ...
- Algebra - 40 =15 x x - 20 This is a three part question>> first find the ...
- Algebra - When is the substitution method a better method than graphing for ...