Posted by Anonymous on Monday, July 12, 2010 at 6:48pm.
A. Increasing halogen atom size.
B. Decreasing acid strength.
C. Shortening of the C-C bond.
D. Increasing electronegativity.
E. Higher dipole values going from F to Cl to Br.
cant paste the spartan stuff... whats the answer?!?!?
- chem webwork - DrBob222, Monday, July 12, 2010 at 6:53pm
What's the question?
- chem webwork - Anonymous, Monday, July 12, 2010 at 6:58pm
For fluoracetic acid the highest Boltzmann distribution is when the dihedral angle is at 0 degrees. However, going from chloro- to bromoacetic acid, an increasing dip in the Boltzmann distribution occurs at 0 degrees. What is responsible for this "dip?" (HINT: look at how the structure of the molecule changes as the halogen atom rotates around toward the hydrogen atom attached to the oxygen atom.)
- chem webwork - Cecily, Monday, November 1, 2010 at 8:46pm
I can tell you its NOT
decreasing acid strength
and its NOT
your guess is as good as mine.. : //
- chem webwork - Anonymous, Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 11:34pm
its increasing halogen atom size...i just answered it and thankfully got it right
- chem webwork - Anonymous, Monday, May 2, 2011 at 4:52pm
Yes, it is increasing halogen atom size
- chem webwork - Awesome, Monday, April 30, 2012 at 2:13am
It is increasing halogen atom size...
For those who care, look at the plots in Spartan and you can automatically rule out Increasing Electronegativity and higher dipole values.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - For fluoracetic acid the highest Boltzmann distribution is when the...
- Chemistry - For acids of the same general structure but differing ...
- physics - a coconut is falling from a palm tree which of these is correct? ...
- Calculus - find the intervals where the function is increasing and the intervals...
- science(chem) - A few questions. 1. What is the difference btwn crystalization ...
- Chem - Arrange the different types of forces in order of increasing energy. ...
- lab chemistry please help! - 1. You recorded maximum electrostatic potential ...
- Algebra - Im having a hard time figuring out this problem: Use the function, y...
- CHEMISTRY (WEBWORK) - SPARTAN. Which atom (a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h) in the ...
- Math - What is the domain? Use a graphing utility to determine the intervals in ...