Posted by Lynn on Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 9:09pm.
How do you simplify the following fraction;
I know the answer is
What I do not know is how this is the answer.The example I looked at did not tell me how it came to the answer. What do I do to find the answer?
Math (Algebra) - Ana, Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 9:11pm
divide the numerator by 4. Divide the denominator by 4.
Math (Algebra) - Lynn, Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 9:14pm
Thank you, but how do I determine what number to divide by? So that I an solve other fractions like this one. Must I still find the greatest common number to divide by?
Math (Algebra) - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 9:55pm
Yes. You find the largest common divisor to reduce a fraction.
Divide by 5
10/15 = 2/3
Math (Algebra) - Quidditch, Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 12:23am
Be careful. You posted (72)/(-68) reduces to (-18)/(-17). You had a sign change in the numerator. Probably just a typo, but you might want to check.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - 1) Simplify: (Y^4) (y^3) A:y^1 B:y^7 (my answer) C:y^12 D:y^43 2)...
- algebra - How do you simplify [2/(x+4)]+2 ----------- [3/(x+4)]+1 I know the ...
- math/algebra - Simplify: 3/4/4/5 answer choices are: a) 3/5 b) 5/3 C) 15/16 d)16...
- Algebra 1A - SIMPLIFY: 9-6*11-17= DIVIDE IF POSSIBLE 3-/23/(1/-23SELECT THE ...
- 8th Grade Algebra: Answer Check - Find the length of the 3rd side of each right ...
- Algebra - Can someone check my algebra answers and help me with the problems I ...
- Algebra - Can you please check my work? You have helped other students I know. ...
- Algebra (check my answers) - Please check these answers. Multiply -7(2a2 -4) = -...
- math - I have solved the following questions, let me know if they are correct, ...
- math-check - I have solved the following questions, let me know if they are ...